Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN is not raising event

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am developing the PR Release (Overall - Header level) related workflow and in that I am planning to use the PR Header level Release BAPI

BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN. I have linked my workflow with BUS2105 event RELEASESTEPCREATED.

Purpose of this BAPI use in workflow is to release the PR for the current Release code and at the same it must raise the event RELEASESTEPCREATED of BUS2105 for the next release code from the Release Strategy so that my workflow instance gets triggered again for the next Release code processing.

I run this BAPI separately in SE37 by passing the PR No, Release code and field NO_COMMIT_WORK as blank, BAPI runs successfully and I can see the changes in ME53N transaction as well but the Issue is Event RELEASESTEPCREATED is not being triggered and workflow is not being triggered again.

please suggest me.

Regards,

Jagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the release strategy settings in SPRO, per releasecode you have to configure if it is with ot without workflow. Only then will the system automatically create events when you release it.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I asked the functional people to set the correct release strategy, they did it properly and after that I can see the event is being generated by running this BAPI.

Thanks to you, Anjan and Karun as well.

Regards,

Jagesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it properly defined Release Strategy, just check with functional?

Also  check in SWEL   what are the    events reflecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put a break point in function ME_REQ_TRIGGER_EVENT and execute the BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN with your release code.

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forgot to ask one simple query, is this BAPI indeed raise the RELEASESTEPCREATED event? if yes then I need to know what I am missing.

Thank you,

Regards,

Jagesh