cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB table of VBAP does't exist in database

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Requirement is to change the append stucture (ZSALES) field types from 'CHAR' to 'NUMC', which is append to VBAP table.

I went and changed in domain level as 'CHAR' to 'NUMC' for the structure (ZSALES) and activated the domain level of structure (ZSALES).

And I got an error saying I don't have authorization to activate VBAP Data Base table (because ZSALES is dependent structure of VBAP).

At the same time VBAP table became as PARTIALLY ACTIVE. Due to Partially Active of VBAP tabe, T.codes va01and va41are going for dump.

To Rectify VBAP partially active problem, I went to SE14 and VBAP is displayed (EDIT). Inside the SE14, I selected the options are

radio button as 'SAVE DATA' and clicked on "ACTVE AND ADJUST DATABASE". After doing this step, sytem runned for 20 minits in foreground

After 20 minits, system went to Short dump. In the Short dump, I found error as 'An SQL error occurred when accessing a table'.

When I go now in SE11 and see, I am able to see only Data Dictionary object (VBAP table) but Data base table VBAP does not exist in the database.

If you find OSS notes or solution. plz reply to this thred

Thanks,

Anji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ignore this - and I don't know how to delete an accidental post

Edited by: Bruce Hartley on Dec 18, 2007 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to run 'ACTVE AND ADJUST DATABASE' in the background. If you have a lot of records it will run for a while and you will have to live with the short dumps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then change back the structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this concern maily i want to know

Is there anyway to revert the data base table (VBAP) to yesterdays day with as old versions. (i think this is the best solution, if it is doing to old version)

Thanks and Regards,

Anji

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To restore just a table, restore the entire database from the backup to a different name from and transfer the VBAP table to your SAP database. If you need further information on how to restore the database, please let us know when was your full database backup taken and how often the transaction log backup is performed.

Thanks,

RT