cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to CIF of PDS to SCM

0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

In transaction CFM1, you can send the PDS to SCM either by selecting the PDS(ERP) or BOM. I was wondering if you can shed some light on the differences if any. My only objective is to send a PP/DS PDS to SCM. I also attached a screen shot of both of these options. I am using a SCM 7.0 EHP3.

Thanks,

Satish Vadlamani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If you want to send the PDS you have to select just option PDS without BOM. The PDS will be created on APO side with the components that you have already send in APO in the precedents steps. So, you don't need to plan all levels of the BOM in APO. You can plan just critical components!

The combination PDS and BOM you can use it if you have Sale BOMs or Phantoms. It's preferable to use them separately!

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius  

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the benefits of the others consultants, please indicate the good or the helpful answer!

Thanks, Marius

0 Kudos

Hi Marius:

Thanks for the reminder. I now marked the answers as either helpful or correct.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Firstly you need to understand how Bom Explodes

Example : Assume you have  Material X to manufacture X you required X1 X2,X3 .so now your Bom is 4 level .But you dont want  to explode all 4 levels .to avoid this you combine  x1,x2,x3 has Y by setting Phantoms assembly off . so now you are explodes in 2 level

If phantoms assembly is OFF (i.e 2 level ) you can go with selection of PDS directly by selecting PPDS

But if you want to explode each component in PDS(i.e 4level) then we will go for BOM

Only activation of integration model does not transfer PDS  to APO .After activating PDS in APO yo need to go Initial transfer By using TCODE : Curto_create . you need to insure integration model of pds  is active

and all the BOM and Routing are correctly mantained in material master in ECC

I hope this could help you in understanding

Regards

Virender

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Option one you can use to send PPDS PDS to APO. It will CIF the production version to APO which include the BOM too.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar