cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using SAP .Net Connector v3 with the SAP GUI: ‘sapgui’ not started

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to call a custom SAP function (which I had no hand in writing) from a .Net application via the v3 SAP .Net Connector.  The function uploads a document (TIFF or PDF format) to the SAP system.

At first I was receiving a “Callback not supported” error, which was due to callback support being removed from v3.  After much research online, we discovered that you now have to install the SAP GUI on the client machine and add the USE_SAPGUI=1 parameter to the set of destination parameters.  The clients installed v7.4 of the SAP GUI, redefined the user ID as a Dialog user, ran the .Net program, and received the following error when it invoked the SAP function:  ‘sapgui’ not started.

The ID and password are correct, so the client’s SAP folks are at a loss on how to correct this.  Any ideas out there?  Please understand that this is my first exposure to SAP, so be kind.  🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

this qill require further investigation. Please open a ticket for NCo. There could be various reasons for such an error. Please attach traces of at least level 3 to the ticket.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Markus.  The client's SAP support team attempted to open a support ticket concerning this problem, but was rebuffed due to it being a "consulting issue".  The client really didn't supply a lot of detail in the ticket, so such a response was not entirely unexpected.

We have since abandoned the entire SAP .Net Connector approach for our solution.  We've decided instead to expose the client's custom function as a web service, which is working very nicely.  Had I known this web service approach was even possible, I would have steered the client in that direction from the beginning.

Thanks again for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I am curious to know about deploying web services to SAP servers approach to interact with SAP back-end.

To pass BC-XBP 6.10 certification test, what all options do we have?

As for one of our client they have deployed web services on SAP servers. so do they have to remove web services from servers to get BC-XBP 6.10 certified?

and what all options they can utilize to replace web services?

Can they use SAP .NET Connector V3 to replace web service functionality?

Thanks,

Lokesh

Answers (0)