cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAP UI add-on and SAP Fiori Apps for SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I was wondering what is the difference between SAP UI add-on and SAP Fiori Apps for SRM ?

Both "packages" are using the same technology (sapui5) and I believe both are willing to provide users a better UX.

Is it relevant to study both of these package ? What is the value added by SAP UI add-on as Fiori seems to be the path followed by SAP (maybe something specific that I've missed) ?

Thanks for enlightening me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK,

SAP UI add-on is an installation of SAPUI5 on your SRM Server, which will allow you to use new UI for the shopping cart (PO, GR IV stay in WebDynpro).

Fiori apps for SRM:

Approval of Purchase order, Shopping carts;

Sourcing

My Shopping cart

PO

RFx

etc.

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/ed/e1e153ddf60466e10000000a423f68/frameset.htm

Regards

Konstantin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering what is the difference between SAP UI add-on and SAP Fiori Apps for SRM ?

>>SAP UI add-on will be providing existing shopping cart with a new user friendly interface. Both the packages use same technology i.e., OData services and SAPUI5. I think due to limitation mobile devices it won't be convinient to create Shooping carts from them. Fiori use cases like approvals, monitoring shopping carts, my shopping cart etc are not as complex operations like creating a SC.

Both "packages" are using the same technology (sapui5) and I believe both are willing to provide users a better UX.

>> SAP is following New(Fiori), Renew(SRM UI) and Enable(Personas) UX stratergy for improving experience. Yes, both are targetted towards providing better UX across devices.

Is it relevant to study both of these package ? What is the value added by SAP UI add-on as Fiori seems to be the path followed by SAP (maybe something specific that I've missed) ?

>> For extension both SRM UI Addon and Fiori have a set of configuration for achieving few customization and extending OData service & Views using UI5. While you will find similaritites between coding related changes but SPRO configurations will be different for each one of them. Yes, to some level it is good to study both of these packages but I would prefer Fiori first as it has more depth with 500+ apps.

As I mentioned earlier that SRM UI will renew the Shopping cart experience and Fiori will provide less-complex-low-data functionality. In near-immediate future I think SRM UI will continue to exist along with Fiori but later SAP may  innovate and come with an app for SC.

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Specifically SRM UI add-on is simply a Add-on solution to have Shopping cart in new UI Experience for desktop. These were conceptualized as part of SRM Suite of applications.

Fiori Apps (http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/56/4b615240e1745fe10000000a441470/content.htm?current_t...)

These are apps in alignment SAP Fiori suite( A newer UX ) and targeted also for mobile and desktop . These follow the SAP suite of Fiori .

Also some of backend services are from former app is reused so the former add-on is a pre-requisite for the Fiori Apps.

Thanks and Regards,

Veera