cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/scwm/erp_stockcheck best practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there folks.

I am a relative newbie in the SCM / EWM space but have been asked an interesting question by my customer and thought I'd ask here for some feedback.  The WH Operations team currently runs the EWM to ERP stockcheck function on a weekly basis and it is executed manually and in the foreground. We have a large operation but they mostly run for high moving / high demand parts unless an issue arises for another class of materials or a specific material.  

They wanted to know...

1)  Could / should the process be automated to run + correct?

2)  If so, how often to run?

I know you can set it to run in the background to produce the report and create a daily / weekly / monthly schedule, but wanted to know if any of you out there had tried an actual automation with correction and if so, how it worked for you?   

They have quiet time on the weekends (late Saturday & late Sunday) that skirt the std. operation and planned downtime issues, but not sure if anyone else out there has tried this successfully.

To me it seems like a risky venture given queue failures, timing, etc. but wanted to get some feedback before starting down the path with them. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

in my opinion the bottom line is how to explain eventual stock difference postings (711/712) from this transaction to the eventual financial audit. To be able to post financial entry for stock differences you usually need an evidence of stock count.

If you run it on background on daily basis, it may happen you will post for example 712 instead of 101 movement. Both movements have different financial postings.

So it can be quite tricky to automate it.

Petr

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Did you find way to automate the posting of small differences?

Thanks.