Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order as direct material / SOS in classic scenario

kersra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using the classic scenario and we would like to order direct materials directly in the shopping cart (no plan driven procurement and replicating pur. reqs. via badi). I tried to activate SRM_702_DIRECT_MATERIAL to check the scenario. If we select the button "Order as direct material" the source of supply (in our case backend info record) is not taken into account.

I didn't found a discussion about this topic with SRM_702_DIRECT_MATERIAL already active.

So my question is if it should work or if it's still not possible to read backedn SOS whit release 7.13 and function SRM_702_DIRECT_MATERIAL active?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Just to understand your question, direct material you mean creating a cart for stock parts that would generate a reservation in ECC could be against an acct assignement like maintenance order per example?

regards,

Dan

kersra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

with direct material I mean a shopping cart which create a purchase requisition/purchase order without account assignment (with material number). When the goods arrive you have then a valuated or non valuated movement on stock depending on the material type. I know that the source determination was not supported for this scenario with older releases and I wonder if this new function will support it (direct material was created for local po on SRM).

regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

One way to achieve this since your in the SRM classic model, is to create your cart for material item in SRM.  This would transfer to ECC as a reservation for your part - stock.  You issue against the reservation.  MRP runs daily and generates a requisition-then a PO in ECC to replenish this part using the source list either fixed vendor or outline agreements (this is standard ECC functionality).  

hope it helps,

Daniel