cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of SRM 4.0 shopping cart data to SRM 7.03

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.03. We will actually be implementing SRM 7.03 since SRM 4.0 cannot be be upgraded to SRM 7.0 and beyond.

Our users would like to access their old SRM 4.0 shopping cart data in SRM 7.03 once it goes live. We would like to know how can the SC data be migrated from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.03.

Thank you.

Bakulesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bakulesh,

there is no standard solution for that. You may need to implement it via your customer development.

So, from my experience by such a migration projects - it takes a lot of time and efforts.

Most recommended solution from me (as my personal opinion). Parrallel run of 2 systems for a period of time. New shopping carts are to be created in 7.0x System and old stil can be approver in 4.0.

After the period of time - old systems is closed and the shopping carts archived. Arcive is moved to the 7.0x system and the old shopping carts are available from archive.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin:

Thanks for your suggestion. We are already archiving SCs in 4.0.

How can we move these archived SCs from 4.0 to 7.03?

Thanks

-Bakulesh

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ask you BASIS Team for that. It should be just files, which can be moved on filesystem level.

regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Konstantin

-Bakulesh

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin

I also have a similar issue since we are in an upgarde project from SRM 5 to SRM 7 .. so any idea on how we can send the old data from one system to another ..

We cannot have the paraell approach as the client insists it will create a lot of confusion so please suggest on what the ideal approach can be for this ..

Is there some SAP recommended links which I can refer to ?

Regards

Vinita

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

I'm not SAP employee and unfotunately have no links for Best Practices for your requirements.

You may need to contact to your local consultants, who know your customer's processes to find the best solution.

Regards

Konstantin

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Upon upgrading from SRM 5 to 7, I don't think we will be having any issues in migrating the data from SRM 5 to 7.

In the last upgrade project, we didn't had any issues upon the upgrade where we were able to access the SRM 5 shopping carts without any concern in the upgraded system.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Answers (0)