Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI java database refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi All,

There is requirement to perform the database refresh in SAP BI NW7.0 Test system from Production system. I have taken the online backup in Source system (Prod) and restored in test system through TSM backom command and refresh and roll forward completed successfully. I am able to login in ABAP stack without any issues in BI system. But what steps need to perform for the BI java stack refresh from Prod to test system. Please list out the step to be followed.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The correct process should be as follows,

1 .Take a Java ( Only )export of the production  system - This is for Java copy, DB should be up

2.  Full online/offline backup of the production system

3. Restore the DB to the quality system , Bring the DB up.

4. Java Import with the DB down in the target system ( Original Java directories has to be cleaned up )

5. Post ABAP restore activities

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

In SAP inst which option should select for java export also while import which option should select in SAPINST.

I am using DB2 database.

Please clarify my doubts.

Regards,

Raj

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Software Life-Cycle Options - System Copy - DB2 - Source System Export - Central System - Based on AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please list out the steps clearly should be followed in Java stack refresh in BI system.

Regards,

Raj

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have given you the steps you need to follow. You need to get the system copy guide specific to your release and read it. All the steps including the export and import and the post operations are mentioned in it. Get the guide from here https://service.sap.com/guidefinder

Good Luck

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A backup and restore for a Java stack system based on NW 7.0 will not work as the configuration is stored in the database and also at the file system level. You will need to do an export an import of the Java stack using the sapinst tool.