Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New settlement Rule (copy of superior rule) in spite of message KD050

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi'

I have a setup where WBS level1 is a Billing element.

WBS level 2-3 are Acc. elements

Settlement Rule for Billing element are maintained manual.

Settlement Rule for Acc. elements are copyed from superior rule.

I have generated Settlement rule, the projects are "running", the first settlement has been sucesfully completed.

Now the organisation is changed and the Settlement rule should have a different Profit center.

I put an end period at the Settlement rule at WBS level 1.

I create a new Settlement Rule at WBS level 1.

I put an end period at the generated Settlement rule at WBS level 2-3.

Now I want to generate Settlement Rule again at WBS level 2-3.

That is not possible because a settlement rule already exist.

What can I do to get a new and updated Settlement Rule at WBS level 2-3?

Thank you in advance for advice!

Kind regards

Lone Würtz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

You can create ABAP program that is bit more intelligent compared to the SAP routine that inherits the rules top-down in the original version.  There is nothing that SAP has out of the box to fix it.

You can also try opening message with SAP, maybe there is something available.

Regards,

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for your answer!

Can you help me a bit on how you think this can be fixed? Do you think a new program to generate the settlement rules, are there any BAdIs avaliable or?

Months ago I had a message to SAP where I asked if it could be correct that it was not possible to change the rule, but they did not help me

Regards

Lone

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

SAP never helps on "consulting" questions.  Well, maybe not never, but it is rather a question of personal attitude of a support person.

I am not really an ABAP person, but please try to cross-reference from the ABAP forum.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

I know - but I think it is an error that it is not possible. They did not agree

OK - thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

actually the request was raised by customer some year before, and I have done the implementation.

After SAP_APP 603, there is a BAdI IF_EX_WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE_NEW~GET_TEMPLATE

what you need do, is to set the flag 'E_INHERITED_OK' = 'X'. 

For a more complex case, you can even change the 'E_TEMPLATE_OBJNR' to use other WBS (instead of direct upplying WBS) as template.

If you have lower Release, where the BAdI  WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE_NEW is not available, please let me known your customer ID, there is a pilot note as modification for it, I can add it in the pilotlist.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Zhenbo!!!!

We are at:

SAP_APPL 606 0007 SAPKH60607 Logistics and Accounting

Then the BAdI shoud be available

I'll make some tests and have a chat with one of my ABAP-experts

Best regards

Lone

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Im sorry to spoil this thread but can I ask you another question?

In VA41 I have created contract with 2 line items. One of the line item-materials are connected with standard WBS/Network i CN08 and by assembly processing a project is created.

I would like to delete the project and line item (by mistake the material was a wrong one) - and be able to create a new line item with another assembly processing-material - in the same contract.

I can delete the contract line item but not the project. The project remain with a connection to the deleted contract line item. Can you help me solve this problem?

Hopeful regards

Lone

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

I am not very family with the topic. I knonw, that the project can not be deleted anymore after certain actions are done e.g. actual costs booked. Try with CJ20N, if the project can be deleted. If not, to archive it may the the right way.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi'

Thank you very much for quick reaction!

The project cannot be deleted - even if nothing is changed at the project after automatic creation

I have tried to put deletion flag and deletion indicator at the project. That does not help.

Im not familiar with the actual archiving run and do not know if it is possible in our system (we have never archived anything).

I just wondered if we are the only company in the whole SAP-world who had made such a mistake at an existing contract and now are stucked in a deadlock

But thank you for your response anyway!

Best regards

Lone

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

supposely the business function  'OPS_PS_CI_1' is not active.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi' again!

Thank you SO much for the quick answer!!!!

You are perfectly right. Actually we have'nt activated any BF's at all.

Do you know if it can it be activated without anything changes for the users - or do we have to make a regression test for all functionality? We are a Little short of time to use the BAdI

The best regards

Lone

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business functions have good documentation.  Read it and see if it applies to your implementation.  Regression testing is always a good idea.