cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects XI 4.1 SP4 install issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been trying to install Business Objects XI 4.1 SP4 on a new server using the full install.  The install hangs on 'waiting for CMS to start'.  It eventually continues on and completes the install, however,  the SIA does not it exist after the install.  It does not appear under the CCM.  When I attempt to add a node to create the SIA manually I run into the same issue.  I'm connection to a SQL database and the ODBC drivers connect fine. Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the license key if it expired.

And also check in even viewer for any errors. Check InstallManifest.sqllite in Installdata directory for install issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge there isn't an issue with the license key.

With looking at the installmanifest.sqllite it appears just to be creation of the tables within the databases which appear to look fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally was able to get the install to work correctly.  I'm not sure what fixed it.  Before attempting the re-install again, I deleted entries from registry files for business objects including those under the Wow6432Node folder, deleted all tables in the system and audit databases, deleted all associated folders included the .businessobjects under the c: root folder and gave a new cluster node key.  Our network folks also updated windows patches on the servers..

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Meyers,

Can you go to install directory and look for install log file. Search for following keywords in it "error, fail, invalid, failed"

See if you get any relevant error messages that could indicate the actual issue with your setup.

Thank you,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within the setupengine.log, there is the message in the set WaitingForCMSForTheFirstTime that is's trying to connect to the CMS using the CMS password but then gives message FWM 20030 Could not reach CMS 'XXX-XXX:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issue.  It also states CMS is up but cannot log onto CMS. and then FWB Enterprise authentication could not log you on.  Prior to this section to code it appears that there were no issues with the CMS but when it goes to use it this time there is.

Originally we had special characters in the administrator's password as we have had in earlier versions but took them out since they are no longer allowed.

Could there be a place where the other password is still stored that wouldn't have been removed during an uninstall of program and deletion of registry entries for Business Objects?