cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to directly install Solution Manager 7.1 sps 12 with 70SWPM/SWPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install solution Manager 7.1 SPS12 directly with 70SWPM10 SP7.

I found solution Manager 7.1 SR1 but I am unable to find the option for solution Manager 7.1 SPS12.

However media for Solman 7.1 SPS 12 are available on market place but SWPM document has no reference to the SPS 12 installtion

Someone can Please guide on this.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
10.02.2015 - 11:30:32 CET - Réponse by SAP      

Hello,
it's not possible to install the SAP Solution Manager SP12 directly.
You need to go the described way to first instal SR1
and then use the SUM for the upgrade to SP12.
Currently there is no official statement when the SAP Solution Manager
7.1 SR2 will be availaible. So I couldn't tell you when it's will be
available also internally there is no information when and if it will
be released. We also wait for that kind of installation.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all for the valuable reply !

I have successfully installed Solution manager 7.1 SR1 which installed solman SPS4 and then upgraded it to SPS12 with the SPS12 media.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to First install 7.1 using SWPM and then patch using the SP12  media  using SUM . the xml for the support pack upgrade to SP12  will be in the SP12 media

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same question !

Have you tried to use  ./sapinst SAPINST_STACK_XML=<path>/SP12_51048401/DATA/SPS12_stack.xml ?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc

Would be curious to know if this work, have you tried ?

According to note 1680045 it could make it, but I'm not sure that the SPS12_stack.xml is made for that kind of usage.

Best regards

1680045 - Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP07

You want to install an SAP ABAP system including a higher support package and/or including further ABAP Add-Ons.

You plan the installation target using the landscape planner at https://service.sap.com/sap/support/lp/ui , and apply the generated stack XML file to software provisioning manager (minimum: 1.0 SP06). Included constraints and defaults from the planning will be used for the initial installation and usage of the succeeding Software Update Manager with the same stack XML file will be prepared for a unified consumption experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This note describes the main steps for update your SM to SPS12:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1577909

Ans this - initial level of SM 7.1 SR1:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/781448

Best Regards,

Aleh

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That is indeed a big pain with solman... the base 'installable' version is an SP04 from 2012 (10 Gb)... and then you need to apply SPS12, that weights 11Gb !

And then you have to explain to your customer why it is twice longer to install a solution manager compared to an ECC...

This might be solved when solman 7.2 will be available... and pray the first version will be bug free

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Yves,

I Strongly agree.. Its really difficult to convince customer why 2 phases ...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation DVDs are for base installation. After the installation you have to patch the system to latest stack or the stack you want to install. Please refer to post installation section in the installation guide.