SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE throws Valuation Type error for Production Ord and Mvt Type: 101

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to post a Material Document for a Production order through BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE. To the 'AFS_GOODSMVT_SKU' table of the BAPI, the sizes in the production order item are passed and to the 'GOODSMVT_ITEM' table, the respective line for each size is passed.

Lets say the production order has size 1 (with valuation type: 01 in Material) and size 2 (with valuation type 02 in Material). Inside the BAPI standard code, there is a comparison between Valuation types in Material and Production order. The Production order valuation type is taken as the first found valuation type passed to the BAPI, so in this case it is '01'. In the above case, for the first line there is no comparison error, later for the second line , when comparison happens between '01' and '02' valuation types, the error: M7043 (Valuation Type 01 differs from Valuation type of batch 02) is thrown.

However when we do the GR grom MB31, this error is not thrown.

Can someone please throw some light on how to avoid this error when posting the GR for Production Order via the BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE ?

Thanking in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Could you please let me know if you have any idea about this issue?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen an AFS system and do not know how this works. There are a few OSS notes on AFS and error M7043, but none to this BAPI. I can't tell you whether this is a bug in SAP or in the way you use this BAPI.

I am moving this discussion to the Retail space as this is the desired place for AFS related discussions in SCN.

0 Kudos

Ok Thanks Jurgen