cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add the cost of a service to a manufactured item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use moving average to value our stock.  To make an item, we use Bills of Materials and Production Works Orders.  Most of our manufacturing cost is items and they are easy to add to the BOM or PW Order.  However, how do we add the cost of a service such as Direct Labour or Painting?  Obviously, we don't stock these...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this thread

Not sure about about version and PL, but in 9.1 version there is new features are added to production module to capture all additional cost.

For more details, check this

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below link it will helps you

Including Additional Costs to a Production Order - SAP Business One 9.0 - SAP Library

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can you use non stock items for Labour & Painting in your BOM to include the cost ofdirect labor and painting.

--Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that will debit the stock item, but what will be credited?  Our G/L Account determination is based on Item Group.  So, would I have to set up an item in a new Item Group for each different account I might want to credit?  Right now, it dumps the credit to a suspense account on the P&L, and I have to clean this, transaction by transaction, each month end...