cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM configuration in solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am configuring solman 7.1, I have completed up to technical monitoring.Now i am in ChaRM configuration i completed 2 steps. But i am not getting how to perform the other steps(copy transaction types, TMS configuration etc...), I checked in google but it is not clear. Any one please share the ChaRM configuration documents. I am struggling from last one month for this.

Please send the documents to my mail ID pthavaheer@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I followed above link and i created domain link between our DEV and Solamn. But i don't have idea where i have to put the solman in transport route. whether in consolidate route or in delivery route. Please provide the details where i have to add.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patan,

Please be informed that the domain link with the transport domain controller is enough.

You dont have to make the Solution Manager part of your transport routes.

The Solution Manager just give the instructions to the transport domain controller and triggers the actions.

From this point you are almost done. Please open a CHARM project in your Solution Manager, transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and apply the logical systems in the landscape tabs.

When this is done you can try to activate the tasklist by checking the CHARM prerequites in the "Change Management" tab and, apply the activation button.

I hope this helps, please let me know how far it works.

Regards,

Wouter Huiberts

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not to put the solman system in any route if you are using single solman system. Make sure that domain links are created with all other managed landscapes. I hope you had created the transport layer that is used by CHARM.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter Huiberts,

I created domain link between two domain controllers. All the systems are visible in two domain controllers. But if i try to do connection test from one domain link to another domain link i getting the error.

Please find the screen shot.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patan,

I see green traffic lights, so from that perspective it looks good. In order to make a proper connection please use the TMSADM user with client 000 of the system which is transport domain controller.

Also please verify whether the RFC connections in transaction SM59 from the Solution Manager to the transport domain controller are working. e.g. the RFC connections are generated via the STMS transaction, but please double check these. the RFC names are: TMSADM@<SID><transport domain> and the TMSSUP@<SID><transport domain>.

It is only important that the connection between the Solution Manager and the transport domain controller works properly. If I am not mistaken the other systems in the transport landscape do not require a direct connection with the Solution Manager.

The principle is that the Solution Manager tells the transport domain controller what to do, and the transport domain controller carries out the transport steps. As long as this works you are safe.

Please test and let me know how far you come.

Kind regards,

Wouter Huiberts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter Huiberts,

Thanks.

The connection test is successful for the two RFC connections, But authorization test is not successful.

I reset the password in both DEV and SOLMAN, still i am getting the error.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patan,

Did you try to unlock the TMSADM user on the MIS system in client 000 ?

Based on the error it seems that the user is locked due to too many incorrect logons.

I think you have to unlock the TMSADM user first in order to make the connection work.

When this is settled you can also test the connections with transaction STMS.

Regards,

Wouter Huiberts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wouter Huiberts,

I tried that also.

But there is no luck. same error i am getting.

But  i have doubt on password what i have passed.

at the time of TMS configuration in solman, it is not asking for any password. But when i am going to create domain link it is asking for password. i am providing the password which i have given in other domain.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i have any suggestions on this?

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I completed System preparation,Basic configuration,managed system configuration and technical monitoring in SOLMAN_SETUP tcode only. Now i am in IT service management step.In that ChaRM configuration i am not getting any idea to do that.

Regards,
Patan Thavaheer.

former_member190736
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patan,

Check the link below and you will configure this easy.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61007#comment-561723

Thanks,

Carlos Paiva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos Paiva,

Thanks for your response.

Actually i am looking for solman ChaRM configuration. Still i didn't complete the ChaRM configuration.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patan,

I think your will find this blog very useful:

I would also recommend you to follow the steps in the SOLMAN_SETUP, in there you should be able to display the actions and prerequisites of each step that is necessary to configure the CHARM scenario.

If you have specific questions about these steps please feel free to contact me.