cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Duplicate Check on Approve button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where approver might not change any data but still duplicate check should run for him before he approves CR.

Is there any way we can call Duplicate check on approve button.

Thanks

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

you have simply to configure which checks should be executed during the "approval" WF step:

• go to MDGIMG -> Process Modeling -> Change Requests -> Configure Properties for Change Request Steps
  • select your CR type
  • on the left column, click "Change Request Step"
  • select the desired WF step
  • on the left column, click "Enhancements and Checks per Change Request Step"
  • for the validation "Duplicate Check" select the execution option "Always Executed"

BR,

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brogi,

In such case, the Duplicate check is happening in MDG Hub System or ECC System as still you are in Approval level (Validation Level) of the Business Flow?

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

not sure if I got your question.

Duplicate check is always executed taking in consideration all the records (records already activated and stored in active area + records still locked in a CR and stored in staging area) available in your MDG Hub. In case MDG is installed on top of an existing ERP (co-deployed) - of course - MDG active records coincide with the ERP records.

Best,

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brogi,

Thank you for your answer. But I had a different question in my mind i.e, is this possible or good to have duplicate check in MDG Hub level (Adding Duplicate Check in PFCG role as Webdynpro Component)?

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

do you mean if it's possible to use MDG to identify duplicates as a stand-alone activity, correct? Actually, from my side, this has no sense.

MDG has not been developed to "get clean" (for this you should use ETL tools like SAP Data Services) but to "stay clean" - in other words with MDG prevents the creation of new duplicates in the system.

Best,

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use this solution in the case of duplicate check of data before submit by Requestor? But make sure the WF step will be '00' Processing and respect to '00' Processing step the Duplicate Check will be applicable by using "Enhancements and Checks per Change Request Step". Am I right?

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct.

If, during change request creation,  you press the check button, duplicate check and all the other validations specified for step 00 are triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have designed custom CR steps according to the Business requirements. But while assign those CR steps in Rule Based WF, I found that the name of the given CR steps are not coming as I have given. However, it comes with standard CR steps names/descriptions as it already present in the system due to past implementation. 

My question is, how to get my CR steps names/descriptions in Rule Based WF design with custom CR types. Please provide me the best solution.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have designed custom CR steps according to the Business requirements. But while assign those CR steps in Rule Based WF, I found that the name of the given CR steps are not coming as I have given. However, it comes with standard CR steps names/descriptions as it already present in the system due to past implementation. 

My question is, how to get my CR steps names/descriptions in Rule Based WF design with custom CR types. Please provide me the best solution.

Thanks.

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Victor,

You should Define Change Request Steps for Rule-Based Workflow

then use them in your decision tables to configure the workflow... that should do it.

Please refer to this document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1083c36f-a765-3110-f8a5-d03be6b06...

Cheers,

Boris