Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Lumira Dashboard to BO 4.1

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently using SAP BO 4.1 SP5 Patch1 on server level and going to use Lumira 1.22.

If i want to export Lmuira Dashboard to BO 4.1 then ow to do this.

Is lumira required separate server or Do we need to install any add on on our BO Server?

Regards,

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please allow me to clarify.   With the components you are using (i.e. no BI Add-On for Lumira Server)  you can expect to :

1)   "Open From"   /  "Save to"   (the lums. file object)  to  the BIplatform  from the Lumira  desktop

2)  you can also  '"open from" directly in the BI Launchpad (to download the file) , and *if you are using Chrome*   it makes the association with the lumira desktop .exe and invokes the client:

At time of writing, without HANA Lumira Server + BI Add-On - it is not possible to visualize the content online using the BI Launchpad.      

For that you would need a separate Lumira Edge Server  (which, alas, doesn't yet  integrate with BIP )   - these missing requirements will be answered with the BI Add-On 2.0  (as i'm calling it!)

Cheers,
H

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry for your reply.

It means I can export my Lumira 1.22 version Dashboard on BO 4.1 SP5 server without any add on.

it is not possible to view my Lumira Dashboard in Launchpad. To view Lumira Dashboard we required Lumira Client.

One more question.

In download basket i can see Lumira is available in 32 as well as 64 bit. But our BO client is not separated, it is one package and we can install on 32 as well as on 64 bit.

we are currently using Windows 7 64 bit. so which Lumira package we should install on client machine. Lumira 32 bit or Lumira 64 bit.

Regards,

Atul.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct - the BI Client Tools package delivers only 32-bit clients.  ( FYI 64-bit clients is on the 'wish list' for BI4.2 )

I'd strongly recommend 64 bit Lumira desktop to deliver an amazing user experience

Regards,

H

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry to ask you one more time but "It means I can export my Lumira 1.22 version Dashboard on BO 4.1 SP5 server without any add" is this statement is correct ?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

just a clarification on terminology :

please avoid saying "exporting a dashboard"  it's misleading.   You are saving a lumira document

( a document contains:  raw dataset, data preparation, visualizations, and storyboards/infographics . ) 

When the addon is made available, you will be Sharing/Publishing a  storyboard or infographic .

Regards,
H

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

I have installed Lumira and trying to save my work to SAP BI. There is option to set user id and password but not able to put System Name.

Then i found under File there is option Preferences where we can insert SAP BI server Details.

http://<servername>:<portnumber>/biprws

When i try to hit above url with my server details getting error.

HTTP Status 404 - /biprws

Do we need to install anything on our server.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the 3 things to check :

CMC > Applications > RESTful Web Service > Properties > Access URL ( maintain this info http://myserver:myport/biprws )

CMC > Applications > Lumira > Properties > SAP BI Server > URL (maintain the info confirmed above in the format http://myserver:myport/biprws )

CMC > Servers > Service categories > Core Services > start & enable server called "WebApplicationContainerServer"

Regards,

H

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Henry.. This is what i am looking for..

Cheers..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I am trying to view a SAP Lumira document from BI Launch pad but getting the 404 not found error.

Is there any specific configuration to view the lums file from BI Platform. please advise

former_member185671
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Just to clarify, the username & password for the /biprws is the same as the BOE/BI ?

Thanks,

.CV

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Henry,

User name and Password for the /biprws is the same as BOE.

Answers (0)