Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Organisational Structure

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We intend to introduce SAP EWM für depicting the central warehouse of our company. Currently, we have 4 plants which manufacturing lines should be supplied by the central warehouse.

I know that it is possible to assign storage locations of different plants to one warehouse number in SAP EWM. But I have some doubts if this is an adequate design. Would it be more adequate to create a separate plant for depicting the central warehouse?

Structure:

Plant 5 (Warehouse)

|

|

SL01 (Storage location)

|

|

W01 (Warehouse number)

According to that idea I'm facing the question of how requirements planing of the 4 production plants can work accordingly if the stock is managed by Plant 5 (Warehouse).

I would appreciate any input on that thoughts.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if central warehouse can supply different manufacturing plants you can use separated EWM warehouse, but if you will need to supply specific PSAs assigned to specific workcenters, it is better to have one warehouse.

Petr

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I know that it is possible to assign storage locations of different plants to one warehouse number in SAP EWM. But I have some doubts if this is an adequate design."

There should be no problem doing that.

"Would it be more adequate to create a separate plant for depicting the central warehouse?"

That would probably mean more complex (manageable, but definitely more complex) processes for all movement, as you would always need stock transfer orders.

Brgds

Juergen