SAP BI Design Landscape
Hello Friends, Any suggestions?
We are planning to improve and plan better design strategy for our SAP BI landscape. There are questions which needs be brainstormed to give better thought.
Perhaps this situation might help others to plan.
Can you please share your views on this?
SAP BI current Landscape:
- Identify the key items in landscape that are relevant in order to have a good governance around the set-up of the BI environment and ensure that the quality of the reported data remains high?
- Are there any areas which we think we need to make changes in the upcoming years (e.g. how would SAP HANA fit in)?
- How can we maximize the performance (no waiting time when uploading/extracting data)?
Following Master data exists:
- Material master data and hierarchy
- Customer master data and hierarchy
- Profit center master data and hierarchy
- GL Account master data and hierarchy (not aligned)
- Company code/cost center/cost element/country
- Proposal: Feasibility of system copy from Production to QA?
Some master data and queries are directly available only in Production.Plan is to sync dev, quality and production. Because there is no sync some activities are on hold like:
- Pending to transport the FI reporting queries due to the current design with master data constraints in Dev/QA system.
- Operational query (some material filters)
- Management Account query (considerable material filters)
- User profile
So the thought is :
What are key items in order to arrange for a smooth month end close process? What items are important to have arranged properly to minimize the change of errors & delays?
Any suggestions will be really helpful.