cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Agentry Inventory Manager Installation Woes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Inventory Manager 4.1 on SMP 3.0 Server (SP05 latest patches) on Windows Server 2012. I'm following the instruction in the installation guide but the application isn't installing. After running SAPInventoryMgr410Deployment.exe all I get in the configuration\app name folder is an Agentry.ini file and a ClientTextBase.ini file.

I've created the app in the management cockpit prior to running the deployment executable. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or what.

I've tried to install the app on my Windows 7 Enterpise PC as well but I get the same result.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

As an aside, the formatting of the Agentry.ini file is all messed up with everything running together. I saw the same issue with the SAP Work Manager 6.2 app after installation, but that install added all of the application files in the configuration directory. The ClientTextBase.ini file looks OK.

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dave,

Running the SAPInventoryMgr410Deployment.exe will prompt you for server connection information and then the directory where you want to install the server to.  This will put a zip file in the directory that contains the production files edited with your settings.  The intent is that this can be uploaded through the Management Cockpit for the application you created.

If you are interested in setting up the Agentry in development mode you should extract the file to a temp location and import from there into the Editor.  Copy all the files from the zip except for the Application folder to your app folder under the SMP3 configuration directory.  You will need to edit the Agentry.ini to set the developmentServer to False.  Publish from your Editor directly to the SMP3 app directory.

After deploy/publish restart the Agentry application for it to take effect and test from the browser to verify you get the I am here! message.

All of my Agentry.ini files look ok in Notepad and Notepad++ for both Inventory Manager 4.1 and Work Manager 6.2.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

The problem is the directory doesn't contain the zip file. When I click install a command prompt box flashes briefly on the screen and then the installer says it is finished. When I check the folder it only has the .ini files I mentioned. Are those created by the installer.exe or by creating the app in the management cockpit?

The size of the SAPInventoryMgr410Deployment.exe is 11,490 KB.

I would like to set the app up in development mode so thanks for the directions on that. Once I figure out how to get the zip file I can then set the app up that way, but for now I need to figure out how to get the SAPInventoryMgr410Deployment.exe file to create the zip file.

I do get the I am here! message when I test the Work Manager app, but not when I test the Inventory Manager app.

Thanks,

Dave

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dave,

Try running the installer by right clicking and running as Admin.  It may help to disable virus checking during install.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason, that pointed me in the right direction. I think it was a combination of permission issues for the folder on the server and also some confusion on my part with regards to where the zip file gets installed. The installation dialog asks you to select the directory for the production server so I selected E:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server (the default) but I was expecting it to install the zip file into the application folder under configuration. I was wondering how it would know which folder to install it to so I created an app in the management cockpit with the name SAP_INVENTORY_MANAGER_41.

In hindsight it did exactly what it said it would do (installed the zip file in the server folder), but not what I was expecting. Maybe a note in the installation guide (or on the installer dialog) would help relative newbies like me avoid this trap.

Answers (0)