SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Articles to Stores

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am searching for a better way to send down our assortments to the stores.  Currently we are using the Assortment List Type and have it set to a lead time of 1 and cycle of 1 with 30000 on the number of changes.  We played with this setting to see if we can send our articles down 3 or 5 days in advance, however when we set the lead time to 3 or 5 then Retail cannot make changes on the fly and send pricing down to the stores the next day.  This is a problem.  I am seeking advice on how we can send articles down to the stores using a different way so that it goes several days in advance, but is activated on the specified day set by the merchandiser in VKP5 (also seen in VKP2).  Part of the issue is that some of the stores are not getting the pricing in a timely way due to the connection or etc.  If we can send the pricing down several days in advance without the system resetting the active date that would be great.  If you have any insight on this, with SPRO configuration, I would be very interested.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

r_soares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi AL,

It works very similar to Assortment List or POS outbound just it Service based and not IDOCs. You have more flexibility to configure the way the service works in the IMG, filters, etc. Refer to the link below for more info as well as the SAP Help document.

Connectivity Kits for Retail - SAP for Retail - SCN Wiki

I tried the link to POS Integration and it wasn't working on SCN wiki today. See if you have any luck.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

r_soares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

Have you look into using Retail enterprise service MerchandiseERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out. You can set a lead time for considering changes.

Note you have to be on EHP4 or higher to use it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rui,

Can you describe how MerchandiseERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out process works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

I'm afraid that rather than a solution I will express just an interest in your issue and the above proposal.

In the past I used both WBBDLD / tr. WDBM for assortments generally and WP_PLU / tr. WPMA for specific article / site combination to send out future sales prices as WPMA allows you to specify relevant validity period for outbound processing. However, I guess this would seem too clumsy, manual and limited to fit your needs.

Nevertheless, Rui's solution using retail enterprise services seems really interesting as it allows you to set change lead time and, of course, filter your data using assortments list type as well.

I played with the idea of using those in the past but I've never actually implemented it so I am a bit curious how this will end.

Cheers,

Tomas

r_soares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi AL,

It works very similar to Assortment List or POS outbound just it Service based and not IDOCs. You have more flexibility to configure the way the service works in the IMG, filters, etc. Refer to the link below for more info as well as the SAP Help document.

Connectivity Kits for Retail - SAP for Retail - SCN Wiki

I tried the link to POS Integration and it wasn't working on SCN wiki today. See if you have any luck.

Regards,