cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGI consumption processing is not using reservation (different users)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The standard procedure here is that the user always posts consumption against reservation.

A user tried to register a consumption, but material was blocked, so the consumption went to COGI for post processing.

if the same user process this item on COGI, the consumption is posted against reservation, which is ok. But if another user process it, the consumption is done against order.

Have you ever noticed such behaviour in COGI? I looked for some info about it, but didn't found any.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bitar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes, I checked that. All users used in testing had the same permissions. Also, I did individual tests for each user and for each transaction separatly (post processing and online processing) and everything went ok.

The problem is:

If a movement made by a particular user "A" goes to COGI and another user "B" runs it (this item), this movement is made against order. If user "A" runs COGI in this case though, everything works as expected - the movement is made against reservation.

Also, I tested switching the users (user "B" tried to make the movement and User "A" ran COGI) and result was the same: against order.

COGI should process this movement only against reservation.

Since it's a standard program, I started to look into configurations of COGI or the movement 973 (consumption of components), but didn't find anything yet...

BR,

Bitar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello João

As far as I know, this is not an expected behavior. A goods movement posted from COGI should not

loose the reference to the reservation if posted by another user.

Are you using any user-exit or BAdI? Check if there is any active implementation of BAdI WORKORDER_GOODSMVT with code on method COGI_POST.

BR

Caetano

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bitar,

Did you find any difference in user role profiles for both users and check the if there is any authorization issue by executing SU53.

BR
KK