Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM data model custom fields not saved after activation

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have MDG 6.1, SP 6 ECC system

I have extended the Data model MM, Entity Material with custom fields.

generated structures for MM

completed the structure extensions - MARA, MDG_BS_MAT_MARA_UI, MDG_BS_MAT_MARA_X

completed the SMT mappings- for MDG_BS_MAT_MAP_2PP,2STA and 2FC

Issue1:

In mat01 Change request- we are able to enter the values for standard + custom field, upon save of CR, we could see the custom field value in check table.. (1MD/MD/____011)

but after activating the CR, custom field value is not saved in MARA.it is blank for the custom fields

Issue 2:

the custom field is an input field and it appears well upon the loading of OVP page, but after entering the "Industry sector" standard field value as any C/M etc.., the custom field is turning into disabled mode !! - so either I should fill the value of custom field before entering Indus Sec or I can make a default in rules for the custom field.

Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, maybe note 1641867 "Values for extension field missing after CR activation" helps.

It's basically some hints how to debug activation to check where whar went wrong.

Regards, Ingo

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you very much for the response!

I have debugged with the breakpoints set as in the sap note.I found the my custom field has values till the Material_Maintain_Dark program i.e. in CL_MDG_BS_MAT_ACCESS AND CL_MDG_BS_MAT_API, after which material generally gets activated and stores in MARA

The last option left for me is the backend field control. (sap note 199165 )

can you please help me with the Field Selection Group assignment for custom fields in OMSR tcode?

what should be the field selection group for custom field based on ? and what is the selection criteria( preferred - optional entry for our custom field)

Thank you once again!

Shaila.

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila

Hard to say. Note 44410 explains in detail how to extend the backend (and is also quoted in SAP's extensibility guide in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858#section2 ).

You'll probably want to create your own Field Selection Group (some numbers are reserved for customers, I believe).

Mandatory/optional: Up to you. Optional will always do fine.

Maintenance status: Up to you - for MARA fields, K (or all statuses) will do fine.

Regards, Ingo

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you very much for the response!

I have missed giving the maintenance status as K for custom elements!

Now it all Set !

thanks again!

Shaila.

Answers (0)