cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report not showing any fixed text objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report designed in SAP Crystal Reports 2013 and accessing it through .NET. On my development machine everything works fine. On a new machine where I have installed the .Net application, when it displays the report all of the fixed text headings don't display but all of the database fields do. I've tried restarting that machine and everything else I can think of but can't figure out how to get the fixed text to display.

In the display below you will notice there are no headings above the table of data below the black horizontal line or text headings beside the fields on the top?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

What version are the CR assemblies referenced in your project?

What is the version of the crpe32.dll here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

Win or Web app?

OS?

When you export the report to PDF, do the headings show up in the PDF?

What font are the heading using?

Do any text fields \ non database fields show up?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR Assemblies referenced are:

CR Engine, CR Designer, ReportSource, Shared, VDesigner, and Windows Forms

Runtime Version v2.0.50727  Version: 13.0.2000.0

crpe32.dll on development machine 13.0.11.1467

crpe32.dll on new machine 13.0.13.1597

WinForms App

Windows 8.1 on development machine Windows 7 on new machine

No headings appear on PDF

The font is using Arial for the data and Arial for the headings

No static text fields show up . The only thing that shows up is the data fields however if you look in the above pic, the boxes around the headings and the shading appears.

Thanks for your help

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

Can you pls update your dev to 13.0.13.1597 (note on your dev box, you should be updating by running the install exe from here: )

Then recompile the all and throw it on the problem computer?

If that does not help, can you attach the rpt - with saved data here? (use advanced editor)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have updated the References to 13.0.13.1597 on the dev machine. Rebuilt the project and uninstalled the application from the new machine. Ran the report again and still the same results.

I verified that the crystal .dll files on the new machine in the application folder were at version 13.0.13.1597 as well.

I have included the file and chose save report with data so hopefully that has the data inside the report for you, if not, please advise how I would include data.

Thanks again for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This site will not allow me to attach an .rpt file

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is really interesting is I can highlight the blank area where text should be displayed and press ctrl-c to copy and I can actually paste the text into a notepad document. However, highlighting it doesn't show anything (reverse text).

I've tried changing the color of the font in the report and that doesn't help either.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To attach the rpt, rename it to txt. The system will then zip it up automatically.

Re. your last post. Can you duplicate this behavior, on another computer?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the file renamed in .txt.

I have not been able to duplicate this issue on a different machine. The other machines have rendered the report correctly.

I've just made sure all of windows updates were current and any other thing I could think of on this particular machine.

So, one thing interesting is that I use the reportdocument object that will first export the document to a PDF file and store it then use the viewer to actually view the report. When the report is exported to pdf, it doesn't contain the text identical to the way that the report displays.

Opening a pdf generated by another machine opens and displays correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create the text as a formula field, it will display correctly.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. So then we are in the "what's different world" . E.g.; this is an environmental issue. Some suggestions:

Make sure there is a default printer driver set on the computer - and preferably a "real" printer driver. E.g.; XPS, or PDF drivers don't count. Drivers like HP, Lexmask, etc., do.

If this is a 32 bit app, use the Modules utility and compare the runtimes on the non working and working computer. Check all runtime differences, not just CR (have a close look at USP10.dll).

Is this a VMWare image or something like that? Something like Surface Pro? Emulation of some sort? E.g.; what could be different?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was it. I installed an HP printer and made it the default and everything rendered correctly. Thanks for all your help....Take Care

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not used Crystal Reports via .NET, but I'll venture a guess.  Are the text headings perhaps a different font than the data fields and is that font installed on the new machine?

Noel