cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception while trying to get InitialContext. (Cause: there are no access points for service: P4 registered on the message server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am adding a java only system to solman . i am getting error in step 4 of manage system configuration

In java parameter field when i am clicking on test logon  i am getting this error

logon failed  Exception while trying to get InitialContext. (Cause: there are no access points for service: P4 registered on the message server)

ports , user name , password is all correct user has proper authorization .

Then i checked SMD agent logs in agent administration i got this

P4 connection error to SAP system [P80]
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: there are no access points for service: P4 registered on the message server]
at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:455)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:86)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:66)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:40)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SetupManager.newP4ctx(SetupManager.java:136)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:135)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:91)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)
Caused by: com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: there are no access points for service: P4 registered on the message server
at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.CrossObjectBroker.getDestination(CrossObjectBroker.java:94)
at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:339)
... 15 more

when I check this link

http://<host>:<port>/msgserver/text/logon 

I only find one port

Please help

Thanks

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Thank for the suggestion ,

I sow the notes  , it is asking to upgrade kernel . do we have another way some workaround for this issue . Its production system can update kernel right now .

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you post the results of checking these steps:

To solve this issue, firstly check note 1678469 and ensure that the correct JAVA Message Server HTTP port is provided in step Enter System Parameters.

If the JAVA Message Server HTTP port is correctly configured, check if the P4 port is really available in the managed system as follows:

1. Access the following URL in the managed system host:
  • http://<MANAGED_HOSTNAME>:<JAVA_MSG_SERVER_HTTP_PORT>/msgserver/text/logon
  1. The P4 Port entry must be available in the above URL, if the P4 entry is not available in the above URL then apply solution of note 1878116 in the managed system to solve the issue.
  2. If the P4 port entry is available, ensure that the port is not locked by a firewall.

1678469 - Create Users step fails with "Connection to P4 port of managed system failed"

second question is whats your kernel version ?

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK ,

I checked port given is correct in java parameter ,  and i check the url also .

I found that p4 port is not available .

For this problem note says upgrade kernel .

is there any way to to make p4 port available

Thanks

Pramod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

how did you initially connect the DAA to the Solution Manager system?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

We have one  physical host and we have more than on sap system  on that .

and one Diagnostic agent is installed . 

We have added other system to from same host to  solman and we used the same Diagnostic agent .

For  only this java system we are getting problem .

When we installed diagnostic agent on that time only we gave connection parameter to connect to solman that is host name of solman , java message server port etc .

and in agent admin,  diagnostic agent has no problem .

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

what did you give in field "message server port "

if it is 50000

change it to 3901 and try.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandeep for suggestion .

I am using the same port as you have given 39<java scs instance port>

Problem is not here . actually  p4 port is not available in system . When i go to the

url  http://<host>:<port>/msgserver/text/logon   i should show me all the ports including p4 port that is 5<instance no>04   but i am getting only 1 port that is SDM port .

this note is the fix  1878116  but it is telling to upgrade kernel .  so i was looking for some workaround i can make p4 port visible .

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the state of the processes of AS Java system (dispatcher and serverX). More likely they have some problems or have not been started properly.