Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBMA with ABAP Proxy system > NW 7.31

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my head around CBMA. I'm on PI 7.4 AEX SP 7 and want to receive alerts for a ERP (IDoc) --> PI --> SNC (Proxy) scenario. This is actually ORDCH --> ReplenishmentOrderNotification_In so it's SAP standard ESR content. Both ERP (7.31) and SNC (7.40) systems are Netweaver AS ABAP which should support "native" CBMA.

When SNC throws application error (e.g. material number not found) I am not able to get an alert on PI.

I know about this and also read through the helpfile here Component-Based Message Alerting - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

My questions are:

1. Having an SNC proxy system with NW 7.40 I assume that I may use component based message alerting directly and (should) not use old alert framework. Is this assumption correct or do I need to use old alert framework and configure my SNC system accordingly (like described in Former Member's blog mentioned above)
  2. If I should use new CBMA directly in SNC, how to configure SNC and PI?

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens Schwendemann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I am also confused, on this point. Do you already have any aswer for this. We are also NW 7.4 ABAP system and PO 7.4 AEX system.

Thank you.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, after some fiddling I discovered that Table "SALRTHDRRULE" on our receiver proxy system is empty. I found out about that table by debugging report "SXMSALERT_ALERT_TEST" which should create an test alert.

However, the alert rule on AEX I have in mind does have the runtime component with the name of the receiver proxy system active.

I checked default trace after saving / activating and had some errors like this but not being sure if they are related:

java.rmi.RemoteException: javax.ejb.EJBException: ASJ.ejb.005043 (Failed in component: sap.com/com.sap.xi.directory, BC-XI-IBC) Exception raised from invocation of public void com.sap.aii.ib.server.login.LoginServiceBean.logout() method on bean instance com.sap.aii.ib.server.login.LoginServiceBean@350fd9fc for bean sap.com/com.sap.xi.directory*xml|com.sap.xpi.ib.server.jar*xml|LoginServiceBean in application sap.com/com.sap.xi.directory.; nested exception is:

Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Jens

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for bumping this up.

I would be happy if just someone could answer me question 1, having an NW 7.4 ABAP system, do I need to configure it to use Alert Framework in order to have alerts send to PI

Thanks and Cheers

Jens