cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form issue in quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made few changes in HCM forms and processes mainly in the Adobe form script and in fieldname display (say changed from Emp Name to Employee Name in the form) but when I move the changes to quality to test it in portal, no changes are reflected.

The changes are available in quality system. I am able to view the script and form changes in HRASR_DT forms in quality (backend SFP/ through HRASR_DT). But when I open the form in portal using Start Process it does not show the new changes whereas it is still showing some old form.

I am not sure whether this is due to any buffer issue or not. When I import a new Transport Request to quality, it throws an ADS error when I try to open the form through "Start Process" in portal and the next time it opens form without new changes.

Please help me !!!

Thanks,

Arunsri B.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things come to mind....

1. if you are sure there is no error/problem in your form, it is likely your ADS is caching the form. Clear it (or have BASIS).

2. Are you sure you have no error in your form? If it is just aesthetic changes...like changing a field label from "Employee name" to "Emp Name"....then it should not be an issue. However, you did say, you changed some form script so are you sure there is no error there?

Also, what are you seeing in DEV when you run/test the form from there? You say you are making changes, transporting and THEN testing in QA. Are you not unit testing in DEV before transports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher... Thank you so much for your reply. First of all thanks for all the blogs you have posted on HCM Processes and Forms...that's saving me till today and learnt a lot from your posts.

1. Yes I too felt that it should have been caching issue and I have raised it to the basis team, but yet to get a reply.

2. First thing is, I changed the script. I kept few pop up messages to test the script and then I removed it and transported again to quality, But still the pop up message were there even though there is no script. I checked in the xml source too and there is no script for pop up message.

Then to make sure, whether this is any script issue or not, I changed field label and even that did not reflect in quality.

Yes, I know this is pretty funny, we don't have test data in development, so we always do the changes in DEV and move to QA for testing.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does sound like a caching issue. But also, keep in mind that if you have an error in the "newest" version of your form, the fallback is to use a working, cached, "old" version. Clearing the cache would force the issue either way though. I forget the transaction but I seem to recall that your could force the ADS to clear cache. Hmmmm....where was that? Former Member ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christopher. Yes, I understand the problem with clearing cache. I would also try to find the Transaction code.