cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect soruce directory in MDGF Data Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I uploaded XML file created throgh MDMGX on application server with below path. It can be seen in AL11 also

But in MDG in data import when I mention this as source directory it tries to read another path

Is I am missing somwthing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

Have you also maintained this setting?

Define File Source and Archive Directories for Data Transfer->Data transfer Directories

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Yes otherwise it wont appear in Data import in MDG only

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

There is a few problems that I see. I am seeing files in your directory that should not be there when you are trying to do the import.You should only have the 3 files there that should cover Cost Center. So request that the other files be removed because the program will read all the files in the directory and fail when you try to do a import.

Secondly I do not know what your paths look like in File. Try to keep the objects separate. Example you need a setup for Cost Center because you might want to also upload Profit center and they can never reside in the same directory. Thus typically you need to setup 2 directories in transaction FILE.

Example setup Logical file paths for Archive and also one for Transfer. ZMDG_ARCHIVE_CCTR with physical path /sapintf/D00/201/MDG/CCTR/inbox/archive/<FILENAME> and ZMDG_TRANSFER_CCTR with physical path /sapintf/D00/201/MDG/CCTR/inbox/<FILENAME>.

Lastly it is very important that you setup the Logical Filename definitions correctly.

Regards

Riaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Fixed my self . We need to provide correct suntax group

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am also getting the same error.

Please tell what syntax group you have used. We are using Linux server and here I have used UNIX as the syntax group. Basis said that it is compatible.

Please assist.

Thanks

Hunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Hope you are doing fine.

Requesting your help on as how and what to be defined for logical directories (any specific convention) using T code File.

Also please let me know as what to be defined in Data Transfer Directories and Archieve Path for Object Types using T code MDGIMG. Is is required to create Data Transfer Directories for all objects?

Requesting you to please share screenshots of this configuration.

Thanks

Hunny