Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC_CFG and sap_goldreflection on an SRM installation

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm working on a fresh SAP SRM installation (7.13) and would like to try (my curiosity) an alternative to sap_corbu theme (used as default) for NWBC for HTML.
Since the installation is quite recent, I expected to switch simply to sap_goldreflection them by means of the entry THEME_NAME in table NWBC_CFG.
Unfortunately, that solution doesn't work ... could anyone help me out on this issue?

The following is a sketch from SPAM transaction on the machine:

SAP_BASIS7400008
SAP_ABA7400008
SAP_GWFND7400008
SAP_UI7400010
PI_BASIS7400008
ST-PI7400000
SAP_BW7400008
MDG_FND7470006
SAP_AP7000032
SAP_BS_FND7470006
WEBCUIF7470006
SRM_PLUS7130006
SRM_SERVER7130006

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BjornHarzer
Participant
0 Kudos

You can default the theme for NWBC in table NWBC_CFG. Use SE16 to create entries or change entries.

See also section 4.6 on this help page https://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/4c/5bdc1797817511e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you know that it doesn't work? Golf Reflection is identical to Corbu.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, according to sap documentation, corbu and gold reflection share the same metrics and are really similar... but not identical. Gold Reflection should render some element with a yellow tone, whereas Corbu don't.

However, setting sap_goldreflection as value for the entry THEME_NAME in table NWBC_CFG results in an odd behaviour once I lauch the NWBC transaction (which opens an IE session); most of the panels are shown in corbu style, while many WD applications are rendered with the classic Signature theme... kinda messed up.

Without any parameter in NWBC_CFG, the transaction NWBC opens an IE session in which the whole SRM interface is rendered with Corbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confirm your observations. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that Gold Reflection isn't included in the standard UR themes, it is only included in the UI Theme Designer themes. You could see if publishing a custom theme based on Gold Reflection in UI Theme Designer and configuring that for NWBC works.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I don't think that the SRM installation (SPAM provided before) can use the UI theme designer.... I tried launching a /nwa transaction from SAPGui and the result is that the transaction doesn't exist...

Former Member
0 Kudos

UI Theme Designer is part of the NetWeaver UI Interface Services. Since you are on NetWeaver 7.4, it is included in the system component SAP_UI. If you were on an older release, it would be included in the optional UI Add-On. I verified that by creating a custom theme based on Gold Reflection I was able to use it in WDA as well. The only tricky part is to set the value of the theme in a way that the system knows where to look for, I know how to do it on older releases. Let's ping the and spaces, maybe someone there knows how to set the theme in your release version.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli and thanks again for your support,

I'm absolutely a newbie on SAP_UI component and related features, could you direct me to specific documentation in order to create a custom theme based on Gold Reflection? Which transaction should be used in order to accomplish the task?

For what concerns the other spaces... I don't know, maybe it could be considered as crossposting and removed by moderators?

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Samuli is right, Gold Reflection can be used with the UI theme designer, and has to be configured differently then NWBC_CFG.

Here is the how to: UI Theme Designer - SAP Library.

The config for NWBC is also written there.

BR

Melinda

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda and thanks for your help,

I *partly* adjust the configuration as per prerequisites stated in your documentation link.
Partly because there are some things I don't know how to handle, for instance the assignment of the auth. object. Anyway, I guess this is something that has nothing to deal with the behaviour I'm facing (my user is profiled as SAP_ALL).

When I try to start the UI5 theme designer with the transaction /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER, I get an error message "This function is not possible". Any idea on how to fix it? I obviously activated all the nodes in SICF transaction as per prerequisites stated on the documentation page.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

UI Theme Designer is a vast topic and getting it running could be very system specific. You could start by familiarizing yourself with . In order to start the UI Theme Designer either use transaction SE93, enter the transaction name and execute a test. If you want to use the okcode field, the correct syntax is /n/UI5/THEME_DESIGNER, that is basic SAP knowledge.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda,

I checked and implemented all the steps shown in the "Prerequisites" section:

Prerequisites - UI Theme Designer - SAP Library

Now I'm able to launch the Theme Designer (hurray!) but then, I can't do anything but Opening themes as the other buttons (such as "Duplicate" or "Create") are disabled by default.

I guess it's something related to auth. objects but I proceeded as follows:

- I created an individual role , say ZEXAMPLE (per copy of an existing role I had), in which I added as per prerequisite:

• Authorization object: /UI5/THEME
  • ACTVT (Activity): 02 (Change)
  • /UI5/THMID (Theme Id): * = all themes

I then assigned this role to my user.

Any idea regarding this strange "read only" mode?

Thanks,

M.

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

I contacted my expert colleague on this, here is the documentation connected to your problem:

Selecting the Starting Point for Your Theme - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Duplicate or Create is available for custom themes only, you have to create your own theme first from an existing one, then you can customise it.

BR

Melinda