cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting HR data when using SAP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question about HR data coming from SAP and how to restrict it to our other projects.  We have multiple projects set up in Data Insight that will use SAP as a connection.  The users are pulling in tables applicable to their area, but they have the ability to pull the HR tables into their projects as well.  We already have an HR specific project set up and adjusted the security.

We will run into this issue with Finance data that should be restricted as well.  Any suggestions or advice on how to address restricting the data when using an SAP connection?  I am new to Information Steward and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Amy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Create separate connections and manage security through different connections with different grants.

Security can then be managed in the CMC > IS > Connections to who can use that connection, and therefore see that data.

You may also want to create a separate failed rules connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There may be a better solution but here's the best I can think of.

1) SAP Security team creates a separate user for the HR team which has access only to the HR tables, another user id for the FI team and so on.

2) Create a separate data store connection for each team. E.g: HR-SAP which has the HR user id credentials.

3) Restrict access of the to the users to each datastore. HR users do not have access to the SAP FI datastore.

I haven't tried this before but if you do, please post the results here.

Cheers,

Chaitanya