cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message L3 803

Former Member
0 Kudos

While performing a TO, I receive an error message Only stock from HU storage locations are allowed on HU XXXXXX - L3803.  Upon research I notice that there exists an OSS note #357726. Can anyone inform me if this note is still applicable as it points to older versions.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

catherine_mckenna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Panagiota,

Check if the HU function is activated at the client level (TVSHP- EXIDV_UNIQUE = X).

Please refer to the IMG documentation that you can find via IMG path 'Logistics Execution ->
Warehouse Management -> Storage Units -> Master Data -> Define Number
Ranges' which explains that SU and HU number ranges MUST be distinct.

The HUM functionality (i.e. unique number assignment for handling units) is active in your system 
hence the recommendations of the IMG documentation still apply.

Please adjust your settings accordingly and note that depending on which range you change, you must ensure old SU or HU that were created prior to the customizing update are cleared off the system.

You can see that the HUM functionality is activated under the following customizing path:
IMG ->Logistics - General -> Handling Unit Management -> External Identification
-> Set Unique Number Assignment
for HU Identification, the fact that flag 'HU identification unique' means HUM functionality has
been activated at client level. Amongst others, this involves that HUs are posted along with delivery
documents.

To avoid getting the error L3803 you have two options:
- if the HUM functionality is required you MUST change the number
ranges to stick to the documentation
- or if you do not need to work with HUM functionality and then you
simply have to turn it off."

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catherine

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This OSS note was released in year 2000 and valid for  4.6B & 4.6C with the new release i am sure SAP might have taken care. better way to check is to download the OSSNOTE using SNOTE and check the implementation status 

As far as error message are concern this error message comes fro below mentioned two program you need to take the help of development team and pass the detail which you are tring to simulate to get an idea where the program fails