cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget availability check for Prim.costs in Network Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When costs are planned in internal & external processing in the network activity, the budget check happens correctly;

However when we plan costs in the tab ' Prim.cost' for a particular cost element  in the network activity, it is not subject to budget availability check;Is this a standard behaviour or some config steps are missing ?

We have not maintained any exemption of cost element for availability control;  Appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjoy,

It is a standard behavior.  It is just a planned cost, while budget control is only for actual cost and commitments.

Wonder why it "works correctly" for internal NWA, that is also just a planned cost.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo!

By internal activity I meant when we plan for a non-stock item procurement for a internal activity it performs the budget check( perhaps this is because it is creating a commitment).

However, I was trying to compare the functionality of  budget control for PM orders vs networks. In PM orders it stops to plan any additional planned hours if the budget exceeds( we have linked the PM order to a WBS having a budget); Likewise I was of the opinion that the same should work for network orders when we have a planned cost exceed the budget; But strangely the control fails in the NWA;

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Availability control never works based on plan cost in the standard system.  Are you sure your PM orders functionality is standard and not any enhancement?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjoy,

Did you check the tolerance limit config in Project System.

Have you included the activity group  02 Order for Projects, Just check this.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found that the planning indicator was kept ticked in the network type(transaction:OPSC); Once this is removed it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The activity group is ++ for the budget profile.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should read F1 help information for the mentioned Planning indicator.  Once again I can repeat myself - planned cost has nothing to do with budget availability control.