Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIAR File Size in XI 3.X \ 4.X

nsandee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to know some details on the BIAR file size

1. Maximum BIAR size limit \ no of objects we can promote within the same version i.e. BOXI 3.1 Dev to BOXI 3.1 Test environment using Import Wizard (IM).

2. Maximum BIAR size limit \ no of objects when we promote within the same version i.e. BOXI 3.1 Dev to BOXI 3.1 Test environment using LCM.

3. Maximum LCMBIAR size limit \ no of objects we can promote within the same version i.e. BO 4.x Dev to BO 4.x Test environment using LCM. 

4. In case of up-gradation using Import Wizard, maximum no of objects we can promote from BOXI R2 to BOXI 3.x

5. In case of up-gradation using UMT, maximum no of objects we can promote from BOXI 3.1 to BOXI 4.x.

Kindly provide me some insight on this.

Best Regards

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no hard set limit on the size of biar/lcmbiar files, nor on number of objects.

The limit is in the memory/cpu/disk i/o and BOE system performance specific to your system. Not to mention security complexity of your user rights schema in BOE.

In the Xi3.1 testing shows successful usage of 4gb or more BIAR files, but more practical approach is to keep them under 500mb... (and more reliable)
In the later versions of 3.1 the huge biar will be automatically split into several smaller files.

I'm not aware of any limits or issues with biar/lcmbiar sizes in Bi4, as it is now 64 architecture and can handle more.
Outside of migrating content from earlier versions BI4 Promotion management (lcmbiar) should have no need for huge files)

You'll have to test this in your systems and determine what your particular system can handle and what it can't.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandy,

As Denis has stated their is NO limit but you will also need to make sure you OS TEMP space has enough free space to run the larger files. The larger the file the MORE TEMP space it will use.

Regards,

Ajay

nsandee
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis & Ajay for talking time and replying to my post.

I appreciate

Best Regards

Sandy