cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Attributes Tab in POS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Why we use Navigation Attributes tab while creating Planning object structure. Please explain me with anyone example..

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple example, I want to forecast for a shoe Product No. 123. Now in addditon to this i need to attach some attributes like color or gender, so these can be treated as Navigational attributes. We create them when we define the characteristic in RSD1.

Regards,

Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Please refer existing threads for this question. There is lot of useful information out there.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you define a planning area you can use basic characteristics or navigational attributes.

There are some pros and cons if you use navigational attributes.. In a few words:

- the main pros of using attributes is that you don't have major problems if something change. For example, suppose that you use material group.. if you reclassify all your materials with new material groups, and the material group is a basic characteristic, then you will need to realign the data, but if the material group was managed as a navigational attribute, then you don't have problems, it will be automatically adjustes when the master data is populated.

- the mains cons of using navigational attrubutes are the performance and that there are some limitations in the disagreggation

To see more about pros and cons, please refer this thread:

Kind Regards,

Mariano