cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve performance of WDA using Custom Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to improve the performance of a WDA not developped by me, I saw that into the WDA the assistance class missed and I created it and moved part of methods from the component controller there. Then as into the component controller there are all nodes and methods of the wda, I created a custom controller too, in order to move there part of nodes and so relieve the component controller, first question is, is this action useful to improve the performance?

Furthermore I would like to ask, as the nodes of component controller are used in a lot of methods of wda and it is impossible to intercept all of them, I replicated these nodes into the custom controller and mapped them to the component controller, in this way I thought the data is located into the custom controller and the component controller works with an instance of it, is this correct?

Thanks

GN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

When there are many views in the component, we go for using custom controller  just to reduce the entire load on the component controller and  to segregate the methods of component and custom controller. So if there is lot many views in component and methods in component controller we can go for using custom controller, so that it reduces the load on Component Controller and increases the efficiency.

Further, we cannot create interface node in Custom Controller and this cannot be used outside the component.

Regards,

Harsha

Answers (0)