cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"link to cost center/activity types" in costing tab of workcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt about the "activity types" defined in the "link to cost center / activity types" in costing tab of work center (attached screen) in which I am not sure what is the use of this table in the work center defined for PS? Is it used in PS or it is for other modules?

As I know, we define the default activity type in the "ActType Int.Proc." field and all other activity types are accessible in T.code CJ20N for search and selection. So what is above mentioned table for activity types in the work center for?

Note that I found only one tread about this but it goes to 2007:

Please clear me on this issue.

Thanks in advance

majid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the link http://help.sap.com/bp_bl604/BBLibrary/Documentation/MasterData/155_BPP_21_EN_XX.doc

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Your help and providing the document is appreciated. However this document describes the way to define a work center, but I want to know more about the mentioned screen in the costing tab of cost center.

Thanks

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the Document is self explanatory and does not need any more explanation other than that in standard way of defining the Costing Tab in a work center, a 1:1 ratio is maintained between Cost Center to Activity type with no formulation.

Where as the specific things mentioned by you does have 1: N relationship between cost center and activity types with formulae.

Please read thru the document and the other related document like the business process rational.

Also follow:

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again to all,

Thanks for your responses and guidance.

Please confirm my findings on the issue:

1- Based on your valuable comments and my examinations, I think that this screen is not used regularly in PS unless in special cases like what Tushar mentioned.

2- We define a default activity type in the field "Act Type Int.Proc.",

and all other defined activity types can be accessed in the related field in T.code CJ20N.

Regards

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

Yes your understanding is correct.. .. Unless you are using PP work centers in PS wherein you can have more than one activity type..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Screen what I mentioned earlier is used in activity type for Inter company (ICRRB) and ActType Int.Proc is used for activity type for intra company ( within own company).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar

Thanks for your response and confirmation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar

Thanks for your response and confirmation.

Regards

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

This is normally used in PP but it can be used in PM/PS.

For example.

In a company there are different kind of employee like labor/engineer/supervisor and manager. The daily pay rate will be different for each. So we can create multiple activity type with work centre cost center price maintained in KP26.

This cost is captured has actual on posting confirmation.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

thanks for your response. Could you explain more about this, I mean, do we create the activity types in this screen? Because I can see all the defined activity types in the relevant field of an activity in T.code CJ20N without defining them in the mentioned screen. So what is used this screen for?

Thanks

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

Activity Types is created by finance based on our requirement.

Also KP26 maintenance for Activity Type / Cost Centre is done by finance also.

What we do, is assign those activities in work centre and utilize it.

I would like to understand your purpose of these activities in PS, what is your requirement, this concept in PS is very rare.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I am using activity types for capturing the personnel costs on internal activities. you are right and FI manager define these activity types in KP26. But I want to know that should we assign these defined activity types in the below screen in the highlighted fields or not? And what are used these fields for?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

You can assign it or you can choose it in networks with work centre.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maria for your help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

I have seen this field i.e. Alt. activity descr is used when employee are expected to report time to cost objects in other companies via ICRRB ( Inter company Resource Related billing )

In such case, it is necessary to select ‘Activity type text’, which will subsequently unlock the ‘Activity Type’ field. In this field fill in the default activity type for ICRRB.

Not sure , if ICRRB is used in your scenario, but this is one scenario where it is used.

Regards

Tushar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Used in PP module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo

thanks for your response.