cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefine Compare default values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am using "User profiles" for define my Compare options for PDM models (Oracle, SqlServer, IMB DB2) and it works perfectly. But how can I redefine for default options (all seleted) ? I try with a User Profile without Compare Options but it didn't clean.

If I delete PDM folder, and then Apply User Profile, Powerdesigner didn't delete the options, it just work if a define my all variables without value, and it's not the best practice.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I correctly understand your question, you want to define a PDM User Profile that includes "all possible PDM objects' or more specifically, where you can add\select the Metaclasses to compare. Is this correct?  If so, this is not possible. When you compare models, the Metaclasses list is dynamically created based on the objects that exist in the models to be compared.

There is an open enhancement request, CR 774866,  to provide the ability to save Comparison Options to an external file for reuse.

Regards,

Anthony

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like to add my vote to CR 774866 . When do you plan to implement it?

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've been experimenting with creating User Profiles from the Registry today, so I can use them to apply preferences for model comparison - the User profile holds lists of the things you don't want to include in the comparison so it's always possible for your latest model comparison to include objects, properties or collections not excluded by the User Profile. I feel a Blog post coming on.

Answers (0)