Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cut and pest application server file on Windows Desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have file on Application server that file I want to cut and pest in windows Desktop or any other Shared path
I have already use GUI_Download Function but its failed in Background process which is Important

so kindly guide me How Can I do this

thanks & regards

Dheeraj

3 REPLIES 3

archanapawar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Same question was asked few hours before. GUI_DOWNLOAD doesn't work in background. You can download the file from application server to windows using CG3Y tcode. It works in foreground only.

former_member185613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not copy and paste the file data from application server to desktop. Function module GUI_DOWNLOAD can not be run in background as is depends on instance of SAP GUI, it is for foreground run alone.

Also what would happen if the program being run in background tries to create a file in desktop when the desktop (system) is not available or no user is logged in currently. So there would not be a requirement where a background job creates files on user's desktop.

But you can download the data into a file in FTP server or other directories in the same application server.

Hope this helps,

~Athreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the third attempt you have made at posting this question, and the third one I will lock/reject.

Could you please stop posting the same question over and over.  This is a very basic and common problem that has been asked and answered countless times before so instead of just posting the question again, please use the search function of SCN.

<Thread locked>.

Cheers,

G.

p.s. please stop answering all of these basic and repetitive questions - instead could you help the moderators and wider SCN community out by alerting moderator on them?  That way we all benefit, as the noise on the forums is reduced and beginnners who keep asking these sort of questions can be helped to help themselves, instead of just relying on SCN to do their work for them.

Thanks