cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during initial loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

there is a problem with some tables during initial loading. In some cases the initial load for a table hangs by 75%.

Here are some facts:

some of the affected tables: MARA (ca. 3,5 Mio records), MARC (ca. 220 Mio records), S912 (> 60 Mio records)

number of tables in one initial load request: 43 tables

number of tables where the initial load finished successful: 37

average time for initial load with the constellation above: ca. 6 hours

abnormality in the loading statistics: the end time for the affected tables do not change any more while there are still records in the logging tables and unfinished portions.

Settings of SLT / ERP system:

currently the following numer of jobs are set in LTRC: 15 data transfer jobs, 15 initial load jobs, 6 calculation Jobs

SLT system:

Oracle 11.2.0.3.0

Netweaver 7.4 SPS8 , DMIS 2011_1-731 SPS 7

VMWare (6 VCPUs, 40 GB RAM)

Batch: 20 processes available

Dialog: 15 processes available

ERP system:

Oracle 11.2.0.3.0

Netweaver 7.4 SPS7, DMIS 2011_1-731 SPS 7

VMWare (4 VCPU, 32 GB RAM)

Batch: 20 processes available

Dialog: 30 processes available

Please assist me in the questions: what can be the reason and what can I do (resolve the problem and/or analyse the problem). As I know restarting the SLT master job can help in some cases.... but that is no permanent solution

Please let me know, if you need more information.

Regards Thorsten Füg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thorsten

There are many things that can lead to initial load issues. It can be non availability of resources, Table stats, network, so on and on

We need to first determine where exactly the issue is happening. Can you check the following things.

1. Check No of Records in the source system and no of Records in the Target Database. Check if the initial load is going on or stuck. If you check target DB regularly, you will know whether data is populating or not.

2. If the Data is not loading and stuck at specific place, then we check the logs from LTRC --> Application Logs --> Use filter for specific table and then you will see all the logs. If there are any errors, then it shows up here. Check and let me know if you see any errors.

3. If the data is populating to the target tables very slowly, then check the Load Statistics of the Tables.

LTRC -->  Load Statistics --> Load in Process

You will see how many records have been calculated and how many records have been read. You will also see Total process time for those records. If the process time is high, check where the time is being taken ( Reading , Conversion or Writing ).

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, thank you for reply.

I get a screenshot from our IT of one job-log protocol with a deadlock message.

Do you know something about that problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thorsten

Check the ABAP Dump and see where it is creating Deadlock situation. Also check the Application Logs in LTRC for more information about the error.

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, no entrys in ABAP Dump or Application Log.... If we restart the master Job, the Initial load continues for some time. restarting is no final sulution in this case... Any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thorsten

1. Check How many records have been loaded to Target System from the source and see how many are pending.

2. If the Data is not loading and stuck at specific place, then check the logs from LTRC --> Application Logs --> Use filter for specific table and then you will see all the logs. If there are any errors, then it shows up here. Check and let me know if you see any errors.

3.  Also check the amount of time being spent by the replication. LTRC --> Load Statistics --> Load in Process. You will see where the process is taking time. This should give enough information.

Paste the results from these logs and then we will figure it out

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we implement the following notes: - 2041240 - 2072445 After implementation, the Initial loads finished without problems. We will run another few tests... i will keep you up to date!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Update Thorsten. We too having problems after installing DMIS 731 SP08 and working with SAP to get a response.