Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msecs wait before modification sender FTP adapter for PI 7.4

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to utilize the "Msecs to wait before modification" in sender FTP adapter and I'm using PI 7.4

From what I've read in this documentation:

Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

There's a note saying "This parameter is applicable only for the File adapter. If you enter a value in this field when configuring the sender FTP adapter, it will have no effect."

Even though the documentation is for PI 7.3, is it true that I cannot use this feature when using sender FTP adapter even though that it is there?

Then, is there any work around to prevent PI consuming the file before it is fully written? I'm thinking of using availability time planning.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

The feature is only available for NFS protocol. However, the SFTP adapter has a similar feature.

Does the FTP server also support SFTP protocol? If yes, then you can consider switching to SFTP.

Another thing you can consider (which is also the best practice for file-based transfer) is to request that the sender application use a temporary file name when it is writing the file. Only after file is completely written, then it should rename it to the final file name. This prevents the consuming application from picking up an incomplete file.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's feasible, you can use the SFTP-Adapter (Secure Connectity Add-On).

It offers the same option and it works.

Of course, this requires a SFTP-Server.