cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical and functional End to End steps to implement the SAP JAM at first time for SAP CRM.

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am new to SAP JAM. I want to implement the SAP JAM with SAP CRM for Mobile access. I have gone through scn and other sites available. almost all the sites talks about features and function of SAP JAM. I want know the technical and functional End to End steps to implement the SAP JAM at first time for SAP CRM.

Can you anybody help me with your expertise to start implementing SAP JAM with SAP CRM.

response is more appreciable. 

Regards

Hamid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Hamid,

Have you had a look at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55050?

It has a section "Information for ABAP developers". The part on SAIL should be relevant for you. The guides assume that SAP CRM and SAP Gateway is already installed and talks about the configuration steps required to connect them with SAP Jam.

Best,

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Is the SAIL is enough to  implement  features like Employee Ideas, Decision Making Tool & Discussion Forum. We would like to have more information about SAP Jam (apart from the Sap Help) to understand how these requirements would be achieved with CRM or without CRM . Employee has to access these features using his mobile.

Response is more appreciable.

Regards

Hamid

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Hamid,

I am no longer sure if I understand what you are trying to do.

SAP Jam provides tools like forums (ideas, questions or discussion) and various decision making tools (pro/con, ranking, poll).

SAP CRM 7.0 EHP2has an out of the box intergation with SAP Jam. The guides that I referred to explain you how to configure SAP Jam and SAP CRM to enable the intergation. After the intergation is enabled, certain objects in SAP CRM(opportunity, account, campaign, service request and others) are intergated with SAP Jam. You can create SAP Jam groups for the objects, the group feed is displayed as part of the object and you can even view the SAP Jam group content like the decision making tools inside the object.

It is also possible to expose SAP CRM data to SAP Jam. The data is expose as an OData service. You can link business object types (like Opportunity) to SAP Jam group templates and great groups for them. For example there is an account management group template and you can use it to display account, opporunity and other related business data in a SAP Jam group. You can then collaborate in business context to drive business processes.

What are you trying to accomplish: bring SAP Jam to SAP CRM or bring SAP CRM data to SAP Jam?

Best regards,

Rüdiger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

Here are my observations as we are looking at this, and I am more functional CRM than technical CRM.

To use JAM implies your company is using SAP's JAM which does not require CRM.  The mobile app is success factors that you can load on you iphone / ipad or other mobile devices.

To integrate to CRM oss note 1891369 I believe has all the items listed (including links to install guides) that allows integration to your CRM home page.  If your goal is to use Jam groups at the transaction level i.e. leads, opportunities, etc.. then note 2059561which requires a gateway server as mentioned by Ruediger contains the remaining items SP levels required.

If my comments are incorrect, I hope someone will come back to me as we will shortly be setting up a new gateway server per note 2059561.

Regards,

Glenn

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Good question Rüdiger.

To make it very simple,  We are using CRM system for sales and service and HCM for internal employees. We want Employee collaboration on single point using JAM. The main objective of  JAM interface is, employees need to get connected to share Ideas, use Decision Making Tool & Discussion Forum about Business Matters etc.

secondary objective is to expose  SAP CRM Tasks/Activities to SAP JAM. And sync between SAP CRM Tasks/Activities to SAP JAM Activities.

Regards

Hamid

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SAP Jam enterprise edition brings the desired tools plus the integration with SAP CRM. However, there is currently no out of the box integration with SAP CRM Tasks. Keeping them in sync is somewhat challenging. You can build an integration that creates tasks in SAP Jam from SAP CRM. If you want the CRM tasks to reflect the status of the SAP Jam tasks you currently have to poll SAP Jam for the latest information.

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Glen for joining with us.

As Glen said,  to get benefit from the SAP JAM features , there is no dependency with SAP CRM, just SAP JAM mobile app need to load from success factors to employees mobile/ipad. Please correct me if am miss understating.

As My knowledge Even SAP AG also released the SAP Jam mobile app for iPhone and iPad.

SAP Jam on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

This app suites the primary objective of collaborating employees over single application(SAP JAM Mob App) instead of depending multiple applications.

Hi Glen/Rüdiger

Can you please confirm my understanding mentioned above from your knowledge

Regards

Hamid

Message was edited by: Hamid Abdul

Answers (0)