cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Defined search as Dynamic Header Search for a filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you're using the SFTP adapter to get all xml files setting it as * to. How can you define a filter on it's filename? Other filters I have are working except for filename (which i want to include as well).

I have defined it as:

Nothing was populated. Not sure if this approach is feasible.

Cheers,

R-jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R-jay

Not sure if you are on single stack or dual stack. Anyway, here is the UDMS setting for SFTP on my single stack system that works.

For the search criteria, I use the following namespace (which also is the same namespace in my sender SFTP channel)

http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP/SFTP

Here are the results when searching using UDMS in the message monitor. I enter value *.txt and find a message that fulfills that criteria.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I'm using PO 7.4 (so it's a single stack). I have ticked 'set adapter specific message attributes'

Do I need this set? The scenario I have is polling *.xml message and is a pass through message only without any mapping involved. Currently I tried your suggestion, but it didn't result to with what you've shown above.

My settings:

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to tick the Set ASMA checkbox. Make sure that the namespace you have in your channel matches the namespace in the UDMS filter criteria. Since you are following the namespace in my example, then please change the namespace in your channel to http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP/SFTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

No luck. Still not working. I forgot to mention that I have an xpath expression for the UMDS as well. Have you tried a with a combination of xpath expression and dynamic header? I'm thinking this will work on either you work with xpath or with dynamic header. (From my understanding, this should work).

My Filter: (with your suggestion)

Result: (still not displayed):

What should be populated: (need the Filename information to the attribute FileName above screenshot)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have more than 1 criteria for the same filter. So you can have a mix of Xpath and dynamic header criterias.

Are you trying this on new messages or already processed messages? If the latter, you need to reindex your system before the value is available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the process of reindexing. It's my SOP whenever I make some changes and do as well as the 'Test Search Criteria'. I even do a 2 weeks indexing to poll as well the processed messages. Still no luck.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Such a mystery!

Can you check in the message attributes of a sample message, to see if the Dynamic Configuration ASMA value is there?

If it is, please double check the attribute name and namespace against your filter criteria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's working now. So I guess for this type of scenario, it needs to process a newer one and not just by indexing messages that are already processed.

Thanks Eng Swee. Appreciate your help on this.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brilliant! Glad to have been of assistance.

If there are no more issues on this query, please do close the thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You can configure custom dynamic header as Eng Swee said also for reference you can go through the below document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803b22cf-ad75-2f10-0790-da055f2e8...

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the document. As I've said, my concern is using dynamic header for a fileName of the message not the typical xpath expression.

Cheers,

R-jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R-jay,

Change the namespace to http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File in ASMA and do the same to in Dynamic Header also. I hope it will work.

Regards,

Soumyadip