cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contribution.xml error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been tinkering around with Design Studio SDK and while working on sample, I am coming across this error when I try to modify Contribution.XML file

Description Resource Path Location Type

cvc-attribute.3: The value 'com.Gauge' of attribute 'id' on element 'sdkExtension' is not valid with respect to its type, 'null'. contribution.xml /com.Gauge line 7 XML Problem.

Description Resource Path Location Type

cvc-pattern-valid: Value 'com.Gauge' is not facet-valid with respect to pattern '([a-z|\d])+(\.([a-z]|\d)+)*' for type '#AnonType_idExtension'. contribution.xml /com.Gauge line 7 XML Problem

I tried find information on google with the same wordings but I can't find anything.  I did a one on one comparision with the existing contribute.xml file and the only thing that I am changing is the description of the ID attribute of element sdkExtension.  I am really getting into this SDK business for the first time but will be spending whole lot more time to explore things.  But until I can compile a sample, I will have no idea how to proceed further.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

n_stein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Based on the error message you posted, Eclipse is expecting all lowercase letters for the extension ID. Change your extension ID to "com.gauge" instead of "com.Gauge" and your issue should be resolved.

Cheers,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You are right on the money.  Thank you so much.:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funny thing is that when i follow the SDK and change Colored Box files (as mentioned in the SDK) I don't get any error  but when I change this other gauge file, which actually an speedometer sdk based on Nicholas Stein's gauge development. The momment I change the contribution.xml file's ID from speedometer to gauge, eclipse shows me the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Went thru the SDK documentation and followed it step by step to compile it but no luck as yet.  Can it be related to type of Eclipse editor that I am using?  I am using

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1)

Build id: 20150109-0600