cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Third Party Flow between two company codes

0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a special scenario.

I have one plant xxxx belongig to one Company Code zzzz, which procure a huge part of its materials from another plant yyyy beloning to Company Code qqqq.

This Plant yyyy then purchase materials from external vendors.

Right now this scneario is handled by a STO from plant xxxx to plant yyyy, and then a normal PO from plant yyyy to external vendors, which gives the following scenario

Pxxxx --> STO --> Pyyyy --> PO ---> External_Vendor

I am now considering to implement a Third-party flow, in order to eliminate the GR/Delivery/GI at pyyyy, so that GR is only made at plant xxxx.

My question is: is it possible to setup a third-party flow, so that a PO from Pxxxx to Pyyyy, willl automatically be converted to a third party order at pyyyy?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I've already seen this business scenario. We set-up an internal PO-SO flow between the two plants. The SO triggers off a PR that is then converted into a PO that follows the standard third-party process.

We couldn't keep the STO object between the 2 company codes because this is not possible to create a PO from a STO by keeping the document flow at the same time. We used the PO-SO (the 1st plant creates a PO to the vendor assigned to the 2nd plant and a SO is created by idoc from the PO). You can set-up it by standard.

0 Kudos

Hi Vinna.

Thank you for your answer.

The special case in this scenario is, that a PO has to be created from Pyyyy to external vendor.

As i understand you, you created a scenario where Pxxxx created a PO to the external vendor, correct?

0 Kudos

The scenario is the following:

Pxxxx --> PO ---> SO  --> Pyyyy --> PO ---> External_Vendor

Plant Pyyy is acting as the vendor for Pxxx. Pxxx creates a PO to vendor Pyyy. This creates automatically by EDI a SO on Pyyy's side.

The SO is a third party sales order (item category TAS). A PR is created on Pyyy's side and you can convert the PR into a PO that is sent  by Pyyy to the external vendor. The vendor ships the goods to Pxxx.

Pxxx invoices the external vendor and bill Pyyy. You can even set-up a EDI flow for invoicing between the 2 plants: the billing document creates by EDI a MIRO on Pxxx's side.

0 Kudos

How will the Missing Part Check and MRP Works in this scenario?

When the External sends a confirmation to deliver, let say 01.03.2015, will this be directly illustrated in MD04 in Pxxxx, so that exception messages and missing parts will be useful at Pxxxx?

What i hope to do, is to "eliminate" Pyyyy, so that the shipping, and shipping notification will apear directly in Pxxxx

0 Kudos

In that scenario the vendor for Pxxx was Pyyy. We could set-up a confirmation flow between the 3 partners: external vendor --> Pyyy and Pyyy --> Pxxx

- the external vendor sends a confirmation (or shipping notification) to plant Pyyy, this updates the confirmed delivery date in the PO of Pyyy in the confirmation tab, and automatically the confirmed date in the sales order. The sales order and the PO on Pyyy's side are integrated and the confirmed delivery dates are in sync between both documents.

- We set-up a EDI flow for confirmation between both plants (output type BA00). So when the sales order is updated with the confirmed delivery date, a change idoc is sent to Pxxx with the new confirmed delivery date. And we can see the new confirmed delivery date in MD04 in plant Pxxx

Maybe it is feasible to set-up a direct confirmation/shipping notification flow between the external vendor and plant Pxxx but I have never investigated on it.

Answers (0)