Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice tab appearing even though J1ID not maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For one plant we have done all excise related settings in customization.

For domestic excise will be applicable, while for Import procurement excise to be covered under cost, so we do not need excise tab appearing while doing MIGO for import.

We have not maintained data in J1ID for that particular Material, while Vendor details is maintained in J1ID as it is required for other plants. Though we are getting excise tab while doing MIGO for import. What can be the issue, kindly guide..

Further ..we have maintained this material in J1ID for other plant but not with this particular plant.

Thanks n Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is TAXINN procedure, Excise tab will be appear even if vendor or material maintained in the J1ID excise master.

Regards,

Karna J

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because of the setting

SPRO-->Logistics - General-->Tax on Goods Movements-->India-->Basic Settings-->Maintain Excise Groups

Here you need to uncheck the MIGO settings.

But if you require only some Goods receipts not to have Excise Tab then you can select "No Excise entry" in Header Excise Tab of MIGO.

Regards

Binoy

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several parameters which will be checked during MIGO like Plant Excise Indicator, Vendor Excise indicator, Valid Tax code and Movement type Relevance for Excise.

If the above criteria is met, system proposes Excise tab though Material & Chapter id combination is not maintained. Depending upon the settings, you get warning or Error message during MIGO for Material & Chapter Id existance.

If the Material is not excisable, you can simply choose No Excise option in MIGO Header under Excise tab.

If the Material is Excisable but Cenvat Credit is not applicable then you have option to change the Material tab under excise tab as Non Cenvatable. This will load the duties on to the Material cost.

I have added the below explanation in addition to my previous reply.

I found something interesting while checking the Excise tab determination during MIGO. System is First checking for Material type and Chapter id in J1ID with Combination of Material and Plant. If found, it will bring the Excise tab in MIGO. If not found, it will search for Material type and Chapter id in Material code only in J1ID. If found, it will bring Excise tab. If not found here also, it will treat the Material as Non Excisable and doesnot propose Excise tab. If you donot want the Excise tab in MIGO, ensure you remove J1ID setting in Node Material and Chapter Id combination. If your Material code is Excisable in Some Plants and Non excisable in other Plants. Then Maintain J1ID with Material type NonCenvatable for those Plants where Material is Non Cenvatable. If Material is Not at all Excisable then donot maintain J1ID in any of the Plants. By doing so, you will not get the Excise tab. Please note that, If you remove MIGO settings from Excise group, then you will not get the Excise tab for any of the Material code belonging to that Plant's Excise group. This is what i understood from the Standard design. In case, if you feel system is behaving differently than i described, do let me know.

Message was edited by: Ashok Kumar Telugu