cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data type enhancement fields does not show up in message mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a datatype enhancement done to a SAP datatype. However, it does not show in the message type or message mapping, both of which I are present in the separate software components.

The software component containing the enhanced datatype has been imported in the software component containing the message type in ESR.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thats weird. Please confirm if you created the data type enhancement in the SAP software component version or custom? Would suggest to confirm if you have followed the below

Please create a custom SWCV and the SAP SWCV should be referenced as a basis to this SWCV.For this we need to add the standard SWCV under the Underlying Software Component Versions in ESR and then add it in SLD and then reimport in ESR. Once done save and then create the data type enhancements in your custom SWCV.Save and activate in ESR.This should be visible on the data type, Message Type and mapping.

Regards,

Sriram

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul

Additionally, check section 2.2.3 of the following best practice document on dealing with DTE. Take particular heed on the Notes, Limitations and Observations - it also confirms the steps mentioned by Sriram above.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I had checked the document before posting this question as did not help. There is no mention of message mapping in the same.

Thanks,

Rahul

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The problem might be related to cache or conflict. I did the data type enhancement few days back for Business partner and it was good.

Can you please provide more details and screenshot about the enhancement steps?

regards,

Harish