Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check not triggered for the first sales order

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a well running environment, I have made a change from 00012 update group to 00015. All other credit management settings are unchanged. What actually happens is that for a new customer, for its first sales order, the credit limit check is not performed (I have set a credit limit in FD32 and created a sales order that exceeds the limit). I can follow the process to its end (delivery & billing). Until now, this was not an issue - credit check was automatically performed at the first sales order of a new customer.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you,

Horatiu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu.

Please refer the note 562763  - Change of the update group in OB45

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the standard behaviour of update group 000015. So only option is to go for update group 000012, unless you can change the settings in 000015.

jobi

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I know the note but it points to the reorganization of credit values after a change in the update group... so it does not have any effects on new customers with no history.

Thank you,

Horatiu

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jodi,

How can you be sure that This is the standard behaviour of update group 000015.? If I would be certain it is like you say, I would stop searching... is this written anywhere, or?

Regards,

Horatiu

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu,

Once again I went through the post and I believe

System will consider the open delivery and billing value for credit check. While creating the first order obliviously there wont be any record. May be you can debug and check how system is behaving.

Another test that you can perform is in FD32 put credit limit zero test.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu and Atul,

I have tested it in my IDES.  I have reached the inference as i have put in my last post. You may also test it.

Jobi

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jodi,

thank you for your patience. I still feel that I haven't done everything needed to go to the root of the problem but as I am under time pressure, I will leave it aside for now; hopefully, I will return one day tot this problem.

Kind regards,

Horatiu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before i reply to your query ..Can you please replicate same scenario .

1. Create New Customer with same Organizational Data and Maintained the Credit Master Data ( as

same as existing customer data ) .

2. Create New Sales Order when the update of the Credit Control area is 15 .

Hope this time for your first sales order Credit check will trigger at sales order .

Just for my entusiasm could you please share all your screen shots .

@ Which SAP Version you are using ?

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu,

Update group 000015 in credit management means that, the credit control will check only the open deliveries and bills.

that means your open sales order is not considered. So I think, unless you have receivables and open delivery/open invoice which as a total exceed the credit limit, you will not get any block or warning.

So, If you just create your first sales order and do not do delivery and invoice, then in second sale order also you will not get any block or warning.

This is my understanding. Please do correct me if i am wrong..

Thanks

Jobi

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu,

Have this been solved..?

Please let us know your feed back.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

and sorry for the late answer, I had to redefine my priorities those days.

@ Sritilak: I have done more than one test using a new customer, in the way you describe it... in vain, the problem still persisted.

@ Jodi. I see the following logical flow:

- I set a certain credit limit for a customer and make all the necessary configurations as I wish - credit check should be performed automatic, in a dynamic way, at sales order level with warning (not blocking) and with error message at delivery level etc.

- I set an update group for updating credit limit statistics... that should not affect the above settings, as it just specifies what documents & states are take into consideration when calculating the credit usage.

With other words, the update group should just control the way the credit usage is calculated and not the way the credit check is performed.

If a set a credit limit of 1000 EUR and establish that the check should be performed at sales order level, it should happen irrespective of the update group, irrespective of the fact that it is the first sales order or not.

Isn't it so?

Regards,

Horatiu

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu,

Have you checked this, and, is my understanding as i posted above , correct..? (i have not tested it).

With other words, the update group should just control the way the credit usage is calculated and not the way the credit check is performed.

If a set a credit limit of 1000 EUR and establish that the check should be performed at sales order level, it should happen irrespective of the update group, irrespective of the fact that it is the first sales order or not.

Isn't it so?

You are correct. The business requirement will be like, consider only the open deliveries/invoices and receivables, and not open sales orders. Logically every sales order irrespective of being first or second, should consider the value in that order and perform credit control.

If the system is working as per my last post, then its not considering the value in the sales order which is being created for credit control for update group 00015. It is almost same as not having a credit control active in sales order level. I need to test this.

Dont know if there is any settings for the update group for this.

Regards

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu,

Please check the following SCN Wiki's for further information on Credit Check issues and
customizing.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/The+Simple+Check+versus+the+Automatic+Credit+Check

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/Credit+check+problem+during+document+processing

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/Sales+orders+are+not+blocking+when+they+should

Also review the following SAP Note:

2012097 - Released Sale order is not credit blocked when Credit exposure is greater than the limit set against the customer

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catherine

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catherina,

thank you for your answer; I've took a look at the proposed documents but I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem.

I will check further and will keep you updated.

Regards,

Horatiu

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if the risk category for the customer in Internal data of status is assigned at FD32?

is this customer is available in any other sales areas? is he an extended customer from some other sales area?

did you check the OVA8?

Thanks,
Sridhar.

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

risk category is assigned, there is just one sales area, OVA8 checked!

As I say above:

- starting with the second sales order, credit check is working and

- if I change to 00012 update group, then the check is performed well starting with the first sales order.

Thank you,

Horatiu

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are aware there are 3 update groups

12,15 and 18

so could you please test if the 2nd order have any delivery created or automatically created or it is blocked due to credit block?

if you can test with 18 in sandbox, will be much appreciated to know the effect.

Thanks,
Sridhar.