cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not create File without any payload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

I have the following integration scenario:

1. One input file

2. One or more output files (up to four files)

3. At any given time, I could have one or more files (up to four files) filled with data in the payload.

Question - there are times where only one file will have data in the payload and three files without any data in the payload (by design). In this case, I do NOT want to create files that does not have any data in the payload. Is there any way I can do this without BPM? The output files that does not have any data in the payload is not going to be 0 byte as it will still have blank XML tags.

Again, we do not want to use BPM if there is any way around it. We are running XI 2004s SP7 (equivalent to 2004 SP16). Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Here is the content of the ouput file WITHOUT any data in the payload:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:entity-data xmlns:ns0="urn:dow-com:xi:data:vendavo:10">

</ns0:entity-data>

Here is the content of the ouput file WITH data in the payload:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:entity-data xmlns:ns0="urn:dow-com:xi:data:vendavo:10">

<com.Dow.customer.DCorporate>

<VName>DCorporate</VName>

<VLabel>013-ZZ</VLabel>

</com.Dow.customer.DCorporate>

</ns0:entity-data>

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay..,

You can achieve this without BPM too.Your input is one file,by doing the Multi Mapping (1: N) you can acheive this.If there is no payload for any of the four files means simply put your four message types occurences as 0..Unbounded.

Check / Put an condition on your input file payload which field is determining whether data is containg for all or for some of the files.

So, if your input file containg the data for four files, those files are would be populated otherwise the files are not getting populated.I guess there is no use to create the blank XML structure.

Let me know your feedback.., It would be work for your case ..

Cheers

Tiger woods

Answers (0)