SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Registration in UCES 6.35

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We've created a ZFM by copying the standard function module 'GEN_EBPP_ISR_CREATE_USER' for the UCES self registration.

In the ZFM, we've set the flag 'I_WITHOUT_ISR' always to True as we do not want notifications to be created and need to create users in UME database real time.

But during the execution of the FM, we are getting the following error :  "Error communicating with the JCO RFC server"

I am not sure why we are getting this error as we only need to configure the JCO RFC server if we are using passive enrollment to register end users of SAP Biller Direct – that is, if customers fill out an application online to request a user for SAP Biller Direct which is not our scenario obviously.

Can someone please throw some light on this issue.

BR,

Anurag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are mixing up things... depending on the user mangement integration scenario you do not just have a classic RFC connection, you actually have a bi-directional connection between Biller Direct / UCES and the ERP.

The XCM does have a JCO RFC connection, which does allow the frontend to talk to the backend. However, the backend might need also a way to talk back to Biller Direct asychroniously hence there is a JCO RFC SERVER integrated Biller Direct that excepts ABAP function calls from SAP ERP.

What you have to do is talking to your SAP Basis guys to maintain the connection correctly in ERP and you also have to setup the JCO RFC Server in XCM to connect to that connection on startup of Biller Direct.

The confusiing part is, that i do not understand why you did copy GEN_EBPP_ISR_CREATE_USER. The process you are trying to use is assuming that you use ISR tickets and a notification ID is always expected to be returned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Hope you are doing good.

JCo issues like this need a complete R/3 and JCo analysis.

Could you:

1)

Enable the JCo trace (to level 5) as per note 628962. Check:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Java+Connectivity

2)

On the ABAP end, activate the traces as mentioned in SAP Note No. 877979.

now reproduce the issue and you should get more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are mixing up things... depending on the user mangement integration scenario you do not just have a classic RFC connection, you actually have a bi-directional connection between Biller Direct / UCES and the ERP.

The XCM does have a JCO RFC connection, which does allow the frontend to talk to the backend. However, the backend might need also a way to talk back to Biller Direct asychroniously hence there is a JCO RFC SERVER integrated Biller Direct that excepts ABAP function calls from SAP ERP.

What you have to do is talking to your SAP Basis guys to maintain the connection correctly in ERP and you also have to setup the JCO RFC Server in XCM to connect to that connection on startup of Biller Direct.

The confusiing part is, that i do not understand why you did copy GEN_EBPP_ISR_CREATE_USER. The process you are trying to use is assuming that you use ISR tickets and a notification ID is always expected to be returned.

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the clarification.

Just to clarify, we do not want the notifications to be created while running the registration process. Ours is a NON-ISR registration scenario.

So, we've created a copy of  GEN_EBPP_ISR_CREATE_USER FM and have set the flag

'I_WITHOUT_ISR'  to be 'X' always so that we can skip the Notification ID creation logic in the FM

and can create the user directly in the desired user management environment.

As you've correctly mentioned that we need JCO RFC server to communicate between (JAVA<-->ABAP) systems, I'll ask my BASIS guy to rectify the connections without which we won't be able to run the Self Registration process in UCES.

I believe that once the issue with the JCO RFC server is resolved, we will be able to run the UCES self registration process without hassles

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

BR,

Anurag