Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty space considered in printing smartforms

former_member453357
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

in a smartform we have defined a barcode which will be printed based on a condition (for a special customer for example). Even if the condition is "false", and the barcode should not be printed, the space, where normally the barcode is printed, is allocated.

That means, that even if the barcode is not needed we waste a lot of space on the output.

Is it possible to suppress the printing of such space if the condition is "false"?

Regards

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member453357
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for you quick reply. In the meanwhile this issue has been fixed. Before the barcode was placed with a loop which determines the delivery items. Which that configuration the space always printed.

Now the barcode definition has been moved to a higher node and it is working.

Regards
Marc

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

As i understand your problem correctly, if the Barcode is INITIAL you need not to show the blank space,

So for this my suggestion is to go with ALTERNATE , as shown below

This will create two nodes TRUE & FALSE.

In the General attribute tab of Alternate , you can put condition as BARCODE VALUE not equal INITIAL.

After that in TRUE  node you can put the Text file with Barcode Values .

In False node no need to put any text file .

How it work :- If Barcode value is true it will print the respective barcode & if it is false it wont print anything even no blank space.

Please try & let me know if you need any more information on this.

Thanks

Romit Raina

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romit,

this might be a way, but why are you triing it to do with an alternative. You might not know, but if you use the condition-tab (which is available nearly everywhere in your smartform) you got exact the same logic without having this big overhead of a non-used false node.

So please stay patient and let's see what Marc share with us before going through wild suggestions.

~Florian

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

yes of course, it is possible to do that.

But before suggesting wild things can you please share more details.

What I need to know is where in your form the barcode is placed.

Please share a screenshot of the tree and the condition you put there.

~Florian